Original Post

Re: Fifa 23 doesn't save controller settings

★★★ Novice
@EA_Mako this is a joke right?
Message 61 of 223 (3,282 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Mako @EA_Cade

This is making the game unplayable. Can we at least get a refund on the game? I'm not playing like this. Every single game I have to pause to change everything and then pausea a asgin to make sure it saves. I have to adjust Custom Controls, Camera, other Visual Setting EVERY SINGLE GAME. This is not a playable game. Please refund the money I paid for this product
Message 62 of 223 (3,357 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey Mako,

platform ps:5

controller ps5 dualsense

it's got my attention that it usually resets the settings when controller goes to sleep when the game is open. it did reset settings last 3 times controller got into sleep mode. might help

Message 63 of 223 (3,256 Views)

★★ Novice

Same issue but for me it’s across the entire game. If I exit FIFA 23, the next time I enter the game all my controller settings are reset and usually my general settings (camera view, etc) are as well. It’s maddening. I lose 2 time outs in every Division Rivals match just input all my settings again. 

Message 64 of 223 (3,239 Views)

Re: controller input delay, settings can’t be saved

★★★ Novice
Luckily I found a working solution to this. I have an explanation for it too. The following is for Xbox Series S, You can try and see if it works for you.
Steps to resolve
  1. Remove all the previously added controllers to your PS/XBOX.
  2. Add your controllers one by one. You have to assign a different account to each controller
  3. With 1st controller connected, now go to FIFA 23 game settings, Delete all profiles and settings.
  4. Go to Profile management, assign 1st controller to your main account with Game pass. Go back and check if the setting got reset. For me it didnt.
  5. Now disconnect 1st and connect 2nd, assign a second account to the controller. I havent tried with Guest.
  6. Change the configs and save. Go back and check if configs got reset.
  7. If not then connect 1st controller too. And their each of their configs.
Reason why it might have happened for me.
Both my controller are connect to my account which has game pass subscription. On changing controls on one, the other also got changed due to this.
Hope it helps!
Message 65 of 223 (3,169 Views)

Controller settings reset

★★★★ Novice

While paying seasons games my controller settings are reset to default and I can't change them back. I have to quit my game & go into the main settings section to completely redo them. I can no longer retrieve them. 

Message 66 of 223 (3,167 Views)

Re: Fifa23 and the fix for all controllers that do not save settings and/or the

★★★ Apprentice

I saw this solution mentioned a while back but wasn't sure how much weight to give to it. If this is reliable then it would be good to give feedback in this thread as to whether we are all users of more than one controller on rotation. I am.

@EA_Mako anyway to force a email reply notification from your end to everyone in the thread? If we can prove it is a multi controller issue then that should really help you guys investigate. I know in kick off mode it assigns an identity to your kick off experience so I guess it ties into that code.

Message 67 of 223 (3,170 Views)

Community Manager
@Worble
Most people are likely subscribed to a thread once they post in it and would get notifications of new messages, though there's not a way to force that for everyone in the thread or those who have changed their settings.

If anyone else tries that method however, definitely let us know if that's what seems to have done the trick. We'll continue passing along the reports as they come in, thanks everyone.
Mako.png
Message 68 of 223 (3,278 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I only use one controller on my PS5 so its definitely not a multi-controller issue.

I've also tried the deleting Profiles and Saving FIFA 23 Profile thing. Still loses the settings.

Can anybody remember a game released that didn't save ANY of your settings? I'm beyond dumbfounded how this has made it to full release without being fixed. Let alone taken a month AFTER release to still yet fix it! Angry

To add to that, how are most of, if not all of the recent patch changes got any sort of priority over an issue like this??? Face scans, ball velocity on passes etc how do they take priority over the game settings not being saved???

Honestly, i really don't know what to think anymore about how things are run behind the scenes... but i think we can all guess.

Message 69 of 223 (3,338 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Still having issue.  Only game mode that I can play is FUT as it does not require saving but I have to pause every game to adjust control setting and camera.  I don't understand how it is acceptable that you can release a game where people cannot play game modes that require saving.

Message 70 of 223 (3,324 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

fifa-20-splash

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help