Fifa 23 doesn't save controller settings

by Runkeldunk

Original Post

Re: Fifa 23 doesn't save controller settings

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Yep got this on ps5 and just reported it in the bug thread with more details. It doesnt happen 100% of the time when I start the game up but 9 out of 10.

also resets sometimes when i start a match and my camera resets to that gamescam thing

also as others have said it isnt always all settings. For example often it will do trigger effect but not vibration, sometimes it does both, sometimes it does my camera too.

it asks me to agree to the TOS most times i start the game but not every time even though the settings are still reset

Message 41 of 223 (1,504 Views)

★★ Novice

Andyfisher86

PS5

Every enter in game, quick match, Career mode

Message 42 of 223 (1,473 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

alexisss13

PS5

@EA_Mako any update on this? The custom team sheets also won't save after I restart the game. So, I need to set them up every single time.

Nothing is saved in the long-term basically. Team sheets, controller, camera, visual or audio settings. Nothing.

This is truly unacceptable. You removed the Hero packs in FUT in 10 minutes. You only care and respond quickly when it costs you money. How much longer should we wait for a fix for such a game-breaking bug? 

You have plenty of reports and it's pretty straightforward, isn't it?

Waiting for your response ASAP.

Message 43 of 223 (1,385 Views)

★★★★ Novice

• gamertagConfusedalahr10i
  • platform : PS4
  • I have the same issue it happened with me on game setting like the camera settings , visuals and audio like it been reset to default also the controller settings are going back to classic  this happens usually when the game dc from a ultimate or kicked out of ultimate due to internet loss but it keep happening even if every thing is good 

@EA_Mako wrote:

Hey everyone, 

Thank you for the reports. If you haven't already provided this in a post, we could use a bit more info to better try and track down this issue.

Please let us know as much of the following as possible if you've not already done so, thanks!

• Gamertag
  • Platform
  • Summary of the situation - does this happen in every mode? Certain modes every time?
  • Any videos or images are always useful

Message 44 of 223 (1,370 Views)

Settings resets randomly

★★★ Newbie

it's a glitch that resets my controller settings randomly for no reason, i need to adjust my settings everytime....

i shoot with square and cross with o, sprint with r1 for some reasons it resets everytime to the default settings.

Message 45 of 223 (1,355 Views)

Re: Settings resets randomly

Community Manager

Hey @Enrton,

I've moved your post into this thread with some other similar reports.

If you're able to provide the information from this post that will help us gather information to continue looking into this further, thanks. 

Mako.png
Message 46 of 223 (1,340 Views)

Re: Settings resets randomly

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Mako Hi mate, I’m on the PlayStation 4. My controller settings keep resetting, on ultimate every time I get into a game the competitive master switch changes and locks all the settings so I can’t adjust anything. I go back to main menu and reset but as soon as I get in game it all changes again and I can’t reset in game so it’s ridiculous slow game player…. Couple of days now

Gamer tag - xWestcott20
Message 47 of 223 (1,327 Views)

★ Novice

DiogoPwnxz

Every time i start the game i have to put my controller settings because they reset... its really anoying. 

Message 48 of 223 (1,313 Views)

★ Guide

2 Patches in already and you guys can't fix something as basic as saving controller, camera and other game settings?

Come on EA... Angry

Message 49 of 223 (1,291 Views)

★★★★ Guide

STILL having this glitch affect me, it's completely ruining the game. Wasn't this supposed to be fixed in the first patch? It's in the patch notes but I can assure it's still a glitch. I've had my settings reset again twice just tonight.

It's like the game loses your profile or something, and half the time I start the game it's like playing it for the first time, like it's completely lost any relevant data and all your settings. I have to select language, accept the privacy policy, etc etc, then when I go into game settings they're all back to default and not mine - that's things like the match length, the cameras, the rules, the sliders, everything. Sometimes it even changes who your 'Favourite Club' is in your profile! Seriously EA what is going on?

We're talking the most basic of game settings here, even that is bugged.

Message 50 of 223 (1,287 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

fifa-20-splash

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help