Fifa 23 doesn't save controller settings

by Runkeldunk

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Fifa 23 doesn't save controller settings

★★★★★ Novice

When you choose kick-off to start a quick game your controller settings are reset.

Not only can you not choose the settings, you have to configure your controller all over again.

R

Message 2 of 223 (51,224 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Fifa 23 doesn't save controller settings

EA SPORTS FC Team

Hey everyone, 

With today's patch the issue should be fixed: 

• Controller and Camera Settings could incorrectly reset to default after staying in the menus for an extended period of time.

You can find the full patch notes HERE

-rephii

View in thread

Message 107 of 223 (44,321 Views)

All Replies

Controller settings not saving STILL

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: FIFA 23
Platform:Xbox Series X
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox Series X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? The Devil Rides
Do you only see this bug when you have cross-play activated? No
Which mode has this happened in? Kick off
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Change your controls in preferences/settings. Start a kick off game - controls will go back to default. Try to change your controls in a match, they'll go back to default. In almost every scenario, modified controls will revert to default unless changed EVERY time before a match and even then they sometime revert.
What happens when the bug occurs? Controls revert to default.
What should be happening instead? Control settings should save first time and remain saved across all modes for all controllers.

No matter what, controls in Kick Off mode revert to default.

I change them in settings but on entering Kick Off mode they’re back to default. If I then change them in Kick Off mode they don’t save.

Xbox series X

This, to varying extents, has been a problem on all FIFAs on series X and seems to be getting worse. 

Message 1 of 223 (45,545 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Runkeldunk Exactly the same issue on me. It is really annoying to configure the setting every time when I play a match. Unbelievable.
Message 3 of 223 (51,194 Views)

★★ Novice
@Runkeldunk Same problem here. Also doesn't save trainer settings,
Message 4 of 223 (51,188 Views)

★★★ Novice

Got the same problem but with squad battles. I changed controller settings and work fine on rivals but when i want play squad battles i must change controller settings before single match, because settings are changed before i start. I think there is problem with offline matches no matter what type. I hope EA fix it soon as possible.

Message 5 of 223 (51,175 Views)

★ Guide

Same problem...

PS5

Load FIFA 23, it asks me to agree to the policies each time
It asks what my difficulty level, controller preferences and favourite team are.
Go into my settings and they've all reset to default... including camera, trainer, assist settings etc.
Controller button layout settings all reset to default too.

EVERY time i load FIFA up!

It also varies from one game to the next, all settings reset maybe after one match, maybe after two but its just a constant battle of checking and changing these settings.

The thing i've noticed is when it asks you to save your settings to a selected save slot it never actually saves to that slot because the next time it asks you to save to a slot they're all blank still.

Message 6 of 223 (51,144 Views)

Fifa23 and the fix for all controllers that do not save settings and/or the game

★★★★★ Apprentice

Temporary resolution for all types of controllers, as per my screen use the free USBDeview programme and disable connected devices that create conflict.

Fix Controllers Fifa23 not saving settings.jpg

Message 7 of 223 (46,931 Views)

Re: Controller settings not saving STILL

★★ Novice

My controls are also resetting randomly, I am only using one controller and it is so annoying.

Message 8 of 223 (45,436 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

An update on this issue would be much appreciated please.

@EA_rephii @EA_Cade 

Message 9 of 223 (51,047 Views)

★ Novice

Same here :D We need w8 prob.I tried some fix from internet still nothing.

Message 10 of 223 (50,951 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

fifa-20-splash

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help