Fifa 22 Xbox One controller issue

by ItsTotti

Original Post

Re: Fifa 22 Xbox One controller issue

Community Manager

Hey @minjibir please do not put words in my mouth, I never at any point said that EA did not care about this issue.

If seeing issues with using your Xbox controller to play FIFA 22 on PC then this is generally system or hardware-related.

Just because you don't have the issue with other games does not mean that it is a game issue, if you look over the official Xbox forums you will find loads of posts from people having this issue.

Some of the steps to try are, using your controller wired to see if it helps, using the official Xbox controller Blue-tooth dongle, ensuring that wifi is not broadcasting, making sure that devices that can interfere with Blue-tooth such as a microwave are not running when playing.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 81 of 106 (1,061 Views)

★★★ Newbie
this helped me to solve the issue

go to library>right click on fifa>properties>controler>set steam input ON
Message 82 of 106 (1,006 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you found a fix @DontFight.

Do you own the game on Steam or are you playing it as a non-Steam game and Big Picture Mode there?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 83 of 106 (976 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@EA_DarkoI purchased the game through Steam and installed through steam.
Steam and EA account are linked.
I tested with the Origin or Steam client in all windows/full screen/boarderless. The issue happens for all combinations.
I am not using big picture mode, just default viewing.

After making changes in steam, the issue is gone.
Hope this helps.

edit:

issue: keep pressing down on menu items

more background

- xbox one controller elite series 2

- only happen when using bluetooth, works fine with usb cable connected

Message 84 of 106 (965 Views)

Community Manager

It's a case of troubleshooting it @DontFight if it works at times.

Bluetooth is not as reliable as people think it is and any number of things can interfere, I've seen reports of controllers not working because a wireless writing pad is interfering.

Glad to hear you found a fix and thanks for sharing it.  

Darko

Darko.png
Message 85 of 106 (956 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I'm facing exactly the same issue.

Scenario: xbox wireless controller + official Microsoft bluetooth dongle. This controller works like a charm in all games, except FIFA 22. 

This is known issue since I remember, but for very first time, there is no workaround. It is unbelievable that no one has fixed it in so many years.

I have game pass ultimate, so account is linked with EA play. I have tried to add game via Steam (as non-steam game), but it does not work anymore since EA play is enforced to start. 

Please fix this asap and treat your customers seriously

Br,

Patrick

Message 86 of 106 (755 Views)

★ Novice

30 years of rehashing the same game over and over, and they still don't get it right. Have this issue myself, I am out, can't get it to work, cba. F*** you EA.

Message 87 of 106 (668 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The issue still exists and all EA can offer is nothing but a workaround that people here are sharing? What poor community work here..

The issue is: In FIFA 22 the controller inputs are bugged. It jumps one button if you move it to right and left. If you click up or down it starts trying to press "down".

• Platform: PC / Windows 11 / EA App (EA desktop)
  • Controller type: Xbox One Controller
  • Is it wired or wireless: Wireless (Bluetooth, No Dongle)
  • Any specific game mode: FIFA 22
  • How often issue occurs: Always
  • Is your connection wired or wifi: /
  • If using wifi, is it  2.4 GHz or 5 GHz: /
  • Video footage with gamepad overlay: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Lax4Ly11iu4 

I have two XBox controllers. The first one works perfectly fine even if connected wirelessly. It's just the second controller that always starts bugging. If connected via wire the second controller works as expected.

Both of the controllers work perfectly fine and without any issues in every single and on multiple platforms (EA desktop/EA App; Origin; Steam; Epic Games etc.). No matter how they are connected.

Message 88 of 106 (625 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Daijhan Don't know if you've noticed it, this issue started after a firmware update from xbox accessories app for the controller, personally for me, before that my controller worked with bluetooth just fine.
Message 89 of 106 (591 Views)

★★★ Newbie

But does that really matter, if every other game works perfectly fine except Fifa? Even Origin and EA desktop app games dont have any issues

Message 90 of 106 (584 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

fifa-20-splash

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help