Fifa 22 Xbox One controller issue

by ItsTotti

Original Post

Re: Fifa 22 Xbox One controller issue

★★ Apprentice
  • Platform: PC Windows 10 Pro
  • Controller type: Xbox Series X|S
  • Is it wired or wireless: Using with USB -C cable because it doesn't work wirelessly.
  • Any specific game mode: Doesn't work in a proper way after passing the personal setting page
  • How often issue occurs: Always
  • Is your connection wired or wifi: WFi (tried with wired as well)
  • If using wifi, is it  2.4 GHz or 5 GHz: 5 GHz
  • Video footage with gamepad overlay: I Will upload that for you.

The issue is almost the same as informed by other players. It moves two spaces when trying to move using the left stick and it is always moving in a downward direction. It works absolutely fine when used with a USB-C cable. One other weird thing happening in the game is that I'm losing control of players in FUT Online matches only. Seasons online matches work absolutely fine with the same controller and so do Squad Battle matches. The issue is with FUT Online matches only. Players will keep on running in a weird direction and will make the moves that I never made. This will happen for like 10-15 seconds and then I get the control again and this happens on a regular basis during online matches This makes online matches totally unplayable as you can understand.

Please provide any information in this matter if possible. Thank you. @EA_Darko 

Message 41 of 106 (1,832 Views)

Cant continue after contriller dies

★★★★★ Newbie

Playing FUT on both one x and series x.

If my controller dies, when I reconnect it, it no longer let's me control the game then times out due to inactivity. 

Message 42 of 106 (1,799 Views)

★ Novice

I am also facing the same issue. The bug is in the game. I tried it on fifa 19 worked absolutely fine. EA should rectify it in next update i guess

Message 43 of 106 (1,752 Views)

★★★ Novice

Also same issue, problem is with the game and not the hardware. What a joke response to blame it on WiFi.

I have 2 pads, one works fine, the other always has the bug even if it's the only one turned on. The newer Xbox pad is the one with the problem.

From the language screen onwards it's broken. It moves 2 positions if when going left and right and it scrolls down constantly. 

Also is picked up as 2 separate controller on the side select menu. 

FIFA 21 and 22 are only games affected. Same unchecked bug will be to blame.

At least someone who knows what they're doing found a workaround using steam for the community.

You'd think the shame of having to use a rival platform to launch your product would spur you into fixing this problem.

Message 44 of 106 (1,660 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko Hi I was wondering if I could play mouse and keyboard on fifa 22 ps5
Message 45 of 106 (1,622 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Darko what a joke... Please stop laugh on us. The problem still exist, for me, maybe earlier, since FIFA 20. Tested on 3 Gamers PC, with different hardware, on different wifi bandwiths, with and with no dongle... So it's an issue you don't care and have to be patch by community each year. For a best seller game, playing mainly with controller, it's a very bad job...
Message 46 of 106 (1,571 Views)

★ Novice

Same issue here:

Only experiencing issue on FIFA, controller works fine inside all other games

Wireless Xbox one controller

Wifi not activated

Message 47 of 106 (1,558 Views)

★ Novice

@EA_Darko you should reply to people if they have a problem!!

Message 48 of 106 (1,512 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
  • Game: FIFA 21/22
  • Platform: Windows 10/11
  • Controller type: Xbox Series X|S (2 different controller, same issue)
  • Is it wired or wireless: Wireless (wired works fine but still have "not taking input a few seconds during the play" issue sometimes)
  • Any specific game mode: only playing FUT
  • How often issue occurs: Always
  • Is your connection wired or wifi: Wired
  • If using wifi, is it  2.4 GHz or 5 GHz:
  • Video footage with gamepad overlay: https://youtu.be/MqiCQTNgB9c
    00:00 - Language switch with LS horizontal move works perfectly fine.
    00:33 - Menus jump by 2 with LS horizontal move.
    00:56 - As soon as we enter in FUT menu, LS button acts like constantly pressed down, however no buttons are touched. LS up move doesn't take the cursor to up. LS horizontal move looks fine. Able to move the cursor to up with up arrow button. The cursor moves to down instantly because of the LS button's constantly down.
    01:23 - In FUT, menus also jump by 2 with LS horizontal move.

I don't face any other issue with other games.

@EA_Darko 

Message 49 of 106 (1,457 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@MasteRNeCThat video is the issue right there. EA support try to Palm it off as WiFi interference 😂

Get it sorted

BTW, your language section isn't fine either, you skip french, Korean etc because it's also moving 2 places 👍

Message 50 of 106 (1,425 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

fifa-20-splash

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help