Fifa 22 Xbox One controller issue

by ItsTotti

Original Post

Re: Fifa 22 Xbox One controller issue

Community Manager

Hey @gargar85 if you use the controller wired do you have any issues?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 31 of 106 (2,455 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @okanbb there is no need to post calling out CMs to respond, like you we are human and get some time off for the weekend.

Have you tried your controller wired to your PC to see if you have the same issue?

Do you play with wifi or are you hard wired, if using wifi can you change your wifi channel so that it and Bluetooth are not on the same one?

If wired, can you turn off wifi on your router and test the controller then?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 32 of 106 (2,454 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yes, experiencing the same issue. It works fine through cable though

Message 33 of 106 (2,388 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Wrong answer. Everyone is experiencing the same issue, so you can't say that everyone has the same problem at the same time and the problem is also same, i.e. downward movement of the controller while connected wirelessly.

Message 34 of 106 (2,387 Views)

Controller losing control in between FUT ONLINE match

★★ Apprentice

I have an Xbox controller and after the recent update, I'm losing control in between FUT Online matches for few seconds regularly. The issue is only during FUT Online matches. Squad Battle matches and Seasons online matches work perfectly fine with the same controller. During the FUT Online matches as soon as the opposition team has possession controller will stop taking any inputs and after few seconds it starts working again. It keeps on happening regularly during a match and makes it totally unplayable. It's kind of really frustrating. I have another controller and the same thing happens with it also, so it obviously is not a controller issue as my Xbox controller is brand new. There is another issue that other Xbox controller users are experiencing as well using it on PC is that it doesn't work wirelessly and always keeps on taking downward direction automatically and doesn't move in any other direction. I thought that today's update will improve the gameplay, but it has rather made it unplayable. I don't even know what to say, just really frustrated with this as I've deleted all profiles and try to reinstall the game, but the issue still persists, so this is definitely an in-game issue. 

Message 35 of 106 (2,343 Views)

FIFA 22 PC - Can't Control Players in FUT ONLINE matches.

★★ Apprentice

I've seen some feedback in this matter and seems like this is happening with other players too. During the FUT online matches, controller will stop taking inputs and players keeps on doing erratic movements even though I never made those moves. Sometimes players will just keep on running until the ball is out of play and I'm not able to do anything with my controller. I can't control, change player or do anything with my controller and after 10 sec it will start working and then stops agin after 15-20 sec. This happens during every online match and during the whole match. It's killing the game for me as I can't do anything related to online matches. It works perfectly fine in Squad battle matches and Online matches for Seasons. Please fix this issue as this is really frustrating. Title update #1 has ruined the game instead of improving it. After the update now I'm experiencing stutter and lag after evry skill move in Squad Battles matches as well. Please provide any update regarding this. 

Message 36 of 106 (2,351 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey all, if still seeing an issue then can you gather me the following info:

• Platform: 
  • Controller type: 
  • Is it wired or wireless: 
  • Any specific game mode: 
  • How often issue occurs: 
  • Is your connection wired or wifi:
  • If using wifi, is it  2.4 GHz or 5 GHz:
  • Video footage with gamepad overlay: 

The reason I'm asking about the connection is that in some cases you may see issues when using 2.4GHz wifi and a Bluetooth device such as a controller as they operate on the same frequency. Generally switching to 5GHz and testing help rule out an issue related to wifi. I found that switching to 5GHz and using the official Xbox dongle fixed a number of issues I was having with my controller on PC so it's worth looking into. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 37 of 106 (2,342 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Darko xbox serie s
controller xbox or turtle beach wired controller
every mod game
sempre presenti 2 pad anche se uno solo acceso
Message 38 of 106 (2,339 Views)

★ Novice

I bought a new XBOX Wireless controller to play FIFA and I have the same issue as user reports here with Bluetooth. I am willing to share more details if needed.

• Platform: PC (Windows 11)
  • Controller type:  XBOX Wireless Controller
  • Is it wired or wireless: Wireless
  • Any specific game mode: Fails after selecting the language of FIFA 22
  • How often issue occurs: Always
  • Is your connection wired or wifi: Wired (Wifi Turned Off, just Bluetooth On)
  • If using wifi, is it  2.4 GHz or 5 GHz: Not Applicable
  • Video footage with gamepad overlay: I will upload one soon.

The issue is that X and Y axis not move right, if you move right or left in the menu it moves 2 spaces. If you move with the cross it moves like 2 left and 1 backwards. It is impossible to play with the control using Bluetooth. The weird thing is that the controller works perfect with other games, it is just with FIFA 22.

Message 39 of 106 (2,273 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same problem here, Xbox series X/s new joysticks, both with problems with BT, lattest Windows 10 update and Xbox Accesories firmware update ran on both joysticks. Problem remains only with Fifa 22 and only by BT, not using usb-c cable. In the menue it is jumping by 2 places and its like pointing down all the time in FUT.

Message 40 of 106 (2,242 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

fifa-20-splash

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help