Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Fifa 21 dual entitlement issue (Xbox Series x)

by Loratus

Original Post

Fifa 21 dual entitlement issue (Xbox Series x)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello there,

On 27th november i've bought fifa 21 for Xbox One (digitally), which worked fine. However the free upgrade to the Series X version isn't working. As per 04 december 2020 I could only download a free 10 hour trial version (through gamepass/ EA play). The trial version is ended and there is no way for me to activate the free upgrade, which was promised.

I've had multiple calls with Microsoft about this problem. However in the end their conclusion was to contact EA. I couldn't find a phone number anywhere, so I hope I can get this problem handled through this forum. I understand that facilitating such a free upgrade can be technologically challenging. However it makes me a bit sad that i've spend more than 3 hours on the phone with Microsoft and that the issue stil isn't resolved.

Can someone please help me fix this problem?

Yours sincerely,

Loratus

Message 1 of 5 (187 Views)

Re: Fifa 21 dual entitlement issue (Xbox Series x)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same issue. I contacted Microsoft also and they told me I had only bought the Xbox one version of the game. How is this even possible? EA clearly stated that if you buy Fifa 21 you get a free next gen upgrade, nothing at all was mentioned about what version was needed!

Message 2 of 5 (174 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@CianBrowne95Yeah Microsoft said the exact thing to me as well. Then I proved to them that I am legitimately in my right to get the upgrade, based on:

• Terms of Dual Entitlement of EA;
  • Screenshot of the Xbox One version of the game I own from the Microsoft store, which explicitely says it gives the rights to both versions;
  • Screenshot of the online retailer where I bought the code, where it says that it should contain both versions.

After that Microsoft basically said that I was right and that I should contact EA..

Message 3 of 5 (154 Views)

★★★★ Novice
4 days have already passed and EA is not doing anything ...
Message 4 of 5 (143 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Loratus hello, i havent long purchased the new xbox, but now im having the same problem, did you get this fixed?

thanks
Message 5 of 5 (27 Views)
Twitter Stream

ea-dualentitle-promo-splash

Upgrade to a next gen console

Have a physical game disc for FIFA 21 but bought a discless console? Use our webform.

View more on EA Help

fifa21-promo2

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help