Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Fifa 20 crashing when trying to connect to EA servers (PS4)

by jjmcnamara761

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Fifa 20 crashing when trying to connect to EA servers (PS4)

★★★ Novice

Hi, I downloaded fifa 20 in October on my PS4 and it’s been running fine, but now whenever I start up the game it’s fine until I am on the screen where it says “twitch-sha7ow is connecting to the ea servers” only for it to get stuck there and crash, the music still plays but I can’t press any buttons that do anything other than the home button and closing the game. If I’m very quick I have about a 2 second window to press cancel at that screen and then I can play offline, but even trying to reconnect from there the same happens.I’ve tried a lot of things like uninstalling the game and reinstalling, but nothing works. Can anyone help out?

Message 1 of 16 (1,633 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: Fifa 20 crashing when trying to connect to EA servers (PS4)

Community Manager

@jjmcnamara761 

Before we determine this is a console issue, let's go through some more troubleshooting. Next, try rebuilding the database with the instructions here: https://support.playstation.com/s/article/Safe-Mode-PS4?language=en_US. Let me know what happens. Thanks!

View in thread

Message 7 of 16 (1,519 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hi there, @jjmcnamara761.

I'd like you to power cycle your equipment with the following steps: unplug your modem, router and console. After 2 minutes plug in the modem and router. Let them come back online completely. Then plug in your console and start it up. Let me know if that helps or not. Thanks!

Message 2 of 16 (1,589 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo Okay I’ll try that thanks so much!
Message 3 of 16 (1,566 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

@EA_Aljo I tried those steps you gave but nothing changed, it’s still crashing. I don’t think it’s a network problem because all my other games and applications work just fine. Is there anything else I can try? Thanks!

Message 4 of 16 (1,551 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@jjmcnamara761 

Thanks for trying. Let's see if restoring the licenses will help. Can you try the steps here and let me know what happens: http://bit.ly/PS4LicenseRestore?

Message 5 of 16 (1,551 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

No that doesn’t fix it unfortunately, I restored the licences but nothing changes still. Does it seem like a console issue do you think?

Message 6 of 16 (1,530 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@jjmcnamara761 

Before we determine this is a console issue, let's go through some more troubleshooting. Next, try rebuilding the database with the instructions here: https://support.playstation.com/s/article/Safe-Mode-PS4?language=en_US. Let me know what happens. Thanks!

Message 7 of 16 (1,520 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Hi again, I tried options 4,5 and 7 in safe mode but it’s strangely still doing the same thing. And it’s still only fifa that I’m having this issue with Frown

Message 8 of 16 (1,494 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@jjmcnamara761 

Do you happen to have any peripherals plugged into your PS4? Maybe Guitar Hero dongle or a racing wheel? If so, try unplugging those and see if that helps.

Message 9 of 16 (1,490 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
Spoiler

Never mind ya working now! for some reason I just got a message pop up saying “verify you’re account an email has been sent to your email address” and as I verified it it allowed me into the game! But this message has never popped up before, a very strange one! Thanks so much for your help!

Message 10 of 16 (1,487 Views)
Twitter Stream