Highlighted

Fifa 19 GK kick off offside glitch

★ Newbie

Product: FIFA 19
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Gigardus
Which mode has this happened in? Seasons
Which part of the mode? Seasons - online
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? While playing and online match (any game mode, but coop is where this bug can be found most often), when for example you miss a shot and the GK has to kick the ball.
What happens when the bug occurs? Basically, one player goes way behind the defense line (which means he is clearly offside), the GK sends the ball to that player which is behind the defense, but it is not considered offside, and usually the opposite player goes on, one on one with the keeper, and of course scores 95% of the time.
What should be happening instead? It should be given as offside.

It would be nice if this was fixed as fast as possible, since it means that its possible to lose a match just because of this, if the player you are playing against is aware of this bug, he can abuse it to score everytime he has a kick off with his goalkeeper.

I do not have a file right now I can submit to show this, but I have seen one other post with a video on this same subject.

Message 1 of 14 (2,424 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Fifa 19 GK kick off offside glitch

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Just happened in the last two co op games I’ve played. This is sort of unplayable until it’s patched. Only thing I can think is the game is thinking the gk is an outfield player when he’s out of the box. Here’s a pic of the mini map.

Message 2 of 14 (2,401 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

Please fix this. It’s pretty annoying.

Message 3 of 14 (2,370 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

This is not offside in the rules of football. It needs to be fixed in another way

Message 4 of 14 (2,343 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

Yes it is offside in all versions of football in the real world and gaming world, except with Fifa 19 it seems.

Message 5 of 14 (2,275 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
Happens every pro clubs game. In the rules of football it’s not technically offside, but it need to be fixed in the game as the defenders do not follow the runs thus leaving the attackers free on goal on one on ones or often 2/3/4 players in on the keeper without a defender in site
Message 6 of 14 (2,269 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Newbie

This makes the game unplayable and rewards people who are scoring goals that you would never see in real life.

The problem isn’t the rule, why would EA SPORTS design a defender that would track an offensive player knowing he isn’t offsides. It is such an easy fix but still hasn’t been addressed. This is so poor from EA but I can’t say I am surprised. 

“If it’s in the game it’s in the game” well EA IVE NEVER SEEN THIS HAPPEN IN MY LIFE. A child would know if the player isn’t offsides then he would have to track in into the offensive zone. Me and my co op friend are done with game until this is addressed. I’m not having fun and it’s sad. 

Message 7 of 14 (2,228 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

@Tefal_the_Great wrote:

Yes it is offside in all versions of football in the real world and gaming world, except with Fifa 19 it seems.

No! The problem is with the defence.

There is no offside offence if a player receives the ball directly from a 
goal kick, a corner kick, a throw-in, or a dropped-ball. It is also not an offence if the ball was last deliberately played by an opponent (except for a deliberate save). In this context, according to the IFAB, "A ‘save’ is when a player stops, or attempts to stop, a ball which is going into or very close to the goal with any part of the body except the hands/arms (unless the goalkeeper within the penalty area)." [1]

Message 8 of 14 (2,207 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Tefal_the_Great wrote:

A player isn’t offside if they receive a ball directly from a goal kick, corner kick or throw in. It’s a common misconception with the offside rule. 

That said EA probably do need to look at how easy it is to exploit that fact by tweaking how defenders respond because in the real world the defence should never allow an opposing striker to be in such a position in the first place. 

Message 9 of 14 (2,173 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Why do all the defenders stand there like idiots when they spot an opposition player going so far behind during a goal kick? Such a joke of a company. I work for a software company as well and I know for sure that testers would be fired if a bug of this magnitude was found. 

The game was probably created by a bunch of technically weak people who have no idea how to fix this issue.

Message 10 of 14 (2,116 Views)
Twitter Stream