Fifa 19 Career Mode Sabotaged?

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: FIFA 19
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? amunro70
Which mode has this happened in? Career Mode
Which part of the mode? Career mode - manager
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game, which clearly nobody at EA has bothered to do.
What happens when the bug occurs? Player growth model broken.
What should be happening instead? Realistic growth

Well, here we are again. Every year I complain about the number of bugs in career mode and every year it gets worse. So this time we’ve got the player growth bug which effectively makes the game unplayable. Added to that, the player positions randomly being swapped around in game and this is no fun at all. It’s almost as if EA don’t want anyone to play this mode of the game... 🤔

Funnily enough EA still send me sporadic messages telling me to play FUT. 

I’m not usually into conspiracy theories, but it seems obvious that the people at EA are actively trying to steer gamers away from career mode. Any other career mode players out there, please let me know your thoughts. If I had bought the physical copy of the game this year, I would already have traded it in for something else. 

Message 1 of 20 (3,018 Views)

Re: Fifa 19 Career Mode Sabotaged?

★★★★ Novice

I came across the bug as well, i grew 3 or 4 players by +1 & didn’t notice hours later that they didn’t increase when i would look at the squad hub or team sheets. of course it would show they increased by one in the player development screen. EA needs to fix this, it makes it unplayable. i’ve never played FUT but once & decided it wasn’t for me. career mode is much more entertaining imo. i hope they fix this ASAP. i wonder if they will get major complaints from youtubers who make constant content on career mode? 

Message 2 of 20 (3,001 Views)

★★ Guide
That’s a definite possibility.
Yeah I gave FUT a brief try last year due to the number of CM bugs. It got boring pretty quickly.
Message 3 of 20 (2,988 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes, the new patch actively ruined the game for us offline players. EA NEEDS to fix this quickly. It's unplayable and it wasn't like this before. I literally didn't pay for this.

Message 4 of 20 (2,975 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I was playing both, FUT and CM on fifa 18, but the scrtipting on FUT made me rage to the ppont where i quit.
This year i was sure i was not buying fifa 19, i ended up buying it because of the hype with Youtubers (fell right in to ea's marketing) but just after 4 months aproximetly, FUT is so frustrating for me because the game play is not consistant, the scrtipting is much more obvious (even in CM). And now all these bugs that make CM unplayble (i even got 1050 fifa points for free, how convenient). I am allready considering not to buy any fifa games anymore.
I sure am glad that i have not spent a dollar in microtransactions for fifa. The game is worst than last year, and i dont say that just because is such a common thing to hear, i am really frustrated with this game, it was made only because of the money that it represents for ea; shame.

Message 5 of 20 (2,943 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

i’m completely baffled at the fact that FUT makes them so much money, with all the micro transactions like you said, yet they don’t seem to invest back into the original product like they should. if there were micro transactions linked to career mode, i’m sure the few of us that play career mode would make them a few more dollars onto their earnings. they seem to fix or add minimal changes to career mode every single year & yet i always end up buying the next FIFA game. i’ve been buying & playing FIFA since 2006. idk how long some of you guys on here have been playing but i feel like not much has changed in a 12 year span. i’m sure PES is lurking & waiting to possibly begin a career mode for their game, if they do.. then would most of you guys on here consider a switch? 

Message 6 of 20 (2,907 Views)

★★ Novice

Its not like career mode was good but this just killed it and I have seen no response from them anywhere acknowledging this issue they just hide and hope people move on. The funny think is EA thinks people are going to pay a subscription for their games in the future. This is poor management can't just blame the developers if there's no accountability 

Message 7 of 20 (2,886 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for all the reports.

We're aware of this issue and looking into it.

Cheers,

- Andy

EA Andy posted this earlier on a similar post! So hopefully they sort it before long as it’s becoming a bit of a joke now the amount of times they’ve messed up on this FIFA!

Message 8 of 20 (2,879 Views)

★★ Guide
I’m considering it.
I used to play PES until 2011. It was great for career mode, but I switched to FIFA for the proper kits etc. PES gives a lot more control over player editing, which is a bonus. I’ve been asking EA to sort out player editing for years now and they just aren’t interested.
Message 9 of 20 (2,868 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I’ve been pouring money into this game since 2011, but every year it gets worse. Each of the past three versions of the game have made me so frustrated that I’ve resolved to stop buying it, then come new release date I fold and end up buying anyway because I might be missing out on a great updated version. Honestly, I’m done with Fifa 19 and I have zero hopes for Fifa 20 being any better. EA thought a champions league re-skin would appease CM gamers, it’s a drop in the ocean and not what we’ve even been asking for over the last few years.
I beta tested Fifa 18 and provided loads of feedback on bugs. Guess what, all those bugs made it into the official release of the game. That’s the level of total disregard EA has for career mode. At this point I’m ready to cut my losses and jump ship. Not necessarily to PES, but ANY game that isn’t based on this one sided EA blueprint and is actually FUN TO PLAY.
Peace.

Message 10 of 20 (2,751 Views)