Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Fifa 18 [PC] match wont start, stuck in pre-match training

by Canucks1010

Original Post

Fifa 18 [PC] match wont start, stuck in pre-match training

★★★★ Novice

So, im playing career mode as Barca with my created player, I finished all preseason games, and a bunch of league and cup games

Now Oct 14 game Barca vs atletico, I select the team, and select the jerseys and press enter...after that it just gets stuck in a screen showing a stadium, also sometimes it goes to the prematch training but I never get the option to press enter to go to the game....

This kinda sucks but I'm confident it's a EA glitch...

Any tips/solutions? Thanks guys.  its a shame that i paid so much for the game and im experiencing this.

Message 1 of 199 (35,755 Views)

Re: Fifa 18 [PC] match wont start, stuck in pre-match training

★★ Novice

Im having the same problem where i can enter the game from the pre match training. not sure how this can be fixed. really frustrating that this issue has seemed to pop up after the first update.

Message 2 of 199 (35,672 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue started yesterday. it was all going fine then i started a new game and it wont go beyong the drills page some times get stuck on the start screen. Seems it happened after an update. Any resolutions? EA?

Message 3 of 199 (35,641 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue as well. I play on PC and I'm on a match in my pro career mode against Atletico. I get an endless loading screen after selecting kits or, if I get lucky, I get into the pre-match drills and endlessly stay there.

Message 4 of 199 (35,623 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem too. I just bought it in 2 days.

Message 5 of 199 (35,603 Views)

★★ Novice

Who are you playing against when this problem happens? for me it happens whenever i play against atletico or portugal. 

Message 6 of 199 (35,579 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Me too. Whenever I am setup against Atletico (as Real Madrid at least) I get the endless loading cycle. This happens during exhibition matches as well.

Message 7 of 199 (35,574 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

If you switch off the "match day" option are you able to proceed?

- Andy -

Message 8 of 199 (35,514 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I can confirm that it happens also to me with Atletico.

There should be something with new updated rosters because if I start a career with Atletico with default rosters everything is ok.

With updated one it stuck on pre match drills .

Message 9 of 199 (35,501 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same for me. I've had this with 3 teams so far (Portugal national team, West Ham and Ingolstadt) but I'm sure there are more teams that it happens to. It just gets stuck on the skillgame before the match with the Press Start to join match prompt never showing up. And I always play with Matchday off so that makes no difference.

Message 10 of 199 (35,483 Views)

fifa-zigzag-img

Open these ports in FIFA 18

Try opening (or forwarding) these ports to help improve your connection.

View more on EA Help

fifa-18-promo-img-2

Update your FUT Security Question

Help keep your FUT account secure to the max! This one is separate from your EA Account.

Use EA Help's steps on your trusted device
orange-gradient-rectangle-image

Prevent disconnects and DNFs

Troubleshoot your connection to avoid DNFs