Re: Field Guns cannot turn

by MurKr37

Original Post

Field Guns cannot turn

★★★ Newbie

Product: Battlefield 1
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug Enabling "Decouple aiming from turning" prevents Field Guns from being able to turn completely around.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Go to settings -> controls -> advanced and enable "Decouple aiming from turning" under "Vehicle driver controls" 2. Enter any Field Gun on any map 3. Press the button bound to either "Turn left" or "Turn right"
What happens when the bug occurs? Field gun will begin turning in the respective direction. Turning speed will begin to slow down and will eventually stop completely. Pressing the opposite turn key will start turning the the field gun in the opposite direction at a very slow speed, gradually accelerating as the field gun's orientation approaches it's initial orientation. Sometimes the when pressing the opposite turn key the field gun will continue to turn in the same direction as the original key.
Please select your region Australia
In what game mode did the bug occur? Conquest
AMD or Nvidia Model Number NA
Enter RAM memory size in GB NA

Expected outcome:

Pressing the buttons bound to either "turn left" or "turn right" will turn the field gun in the respective direction, at a constant speed, without stopping, allowing it to complete a full and possible multiple rotations.

Possible solutions:

- Change the behaviour the field gun to match they above expected outcome.

- Have the field gun ignore the "Decouple aiming from turning".

Message 1 of 4 (829 Views)

★★ Novice

I know this is a PC question, but I have some similarities with the PS4. When turning a 360degree turn, the cannon will, as you said, slow to a stop. When moving stick left, it will turn left to a point and stop. I have found that I can turn left till it slows then move the stick up or down (can't remember which) to continue the desired direction. I am not sure as to why it is like that, but thats what I have to do to get a full rotation on the cannon. I hope this helped a little. 

Message 2 of 4 (649 Views)

★★ Novice
Yes this is a pain! Please fix. I love the field guns but this bug makes using them a pain.
Message 3 of 4 (564 Views)

★★ Novice
A bad workaround for this is to turn the opposite direction when you cant turn the canon any more. Then slowly it will continue to move in the direction you want to turn. But it is moving super slow in that "transition". So it behaves like tanks in non decoupled mode in some warped way.
Message 4 of 4 (558 Views)