False Advertising Cartel Coins - Origin Starter Edition

by PsychoSh4rk

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

False Advertising Cartel Coins - Origin Starter Edition

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi there. I recently got back into the game with a friend after a long hiatus. We both wanted to check out the new content and decided subscribing would be a good idea.

My friend decided to get the Deluxe Edition Origin Pack, while I obtained the Standard Edition. Upon his purchase of the deluxe pack, he immediately received his 525 cartel coin monthly subscriber grant, alongside the 1,050 bonus. This was how we expected it to work.

However, upon my purchase of the Standard Edition, I still have only received the 525 monthly grant for being a subscriber and NOT the 500 coin bonus that said would be included in the Origin pack.

I've reached out to in-game support only to be told that this is the intended way for it to work, however I am having a hard time finding this acceptable. 525 coins is the subscriber bonus, not 500. I'm also concerned as I've read here on the forums that my friends purchase was supposed to ONLY include the 1,050 cartel coins. Whats going on here?

Attached is the Origin listing saying that "500" cartel coins would be included as a bonus, same as the 1050. Also attached is my friend's cartel statement showing he received the coins.

Message 1 of 4 (462 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: False Advertising Cartel Coins - Origin Starter Edition

[ Edited ]

@PsychoSh4rk 

Agree totally 

I did find the below in reference to the deluxe pack , have flagged this thread to make this clearer as to what is granted and what is not granted

origin.PNG

in case the snip is hard to read it states 

Upon redemption, this Code will be redeemed for 1,050 Cartel Coins. Cartel Coins and bonus item will be automatically credited to the User's Account upon redemption unless noted otherwise.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (426 Views)

All Replies

@PsychoSh4rk 

Listed in this link is the different coin grants based on duration

30 days is 500 per month , 60 days is 525 per month , 90 is 550 per month and 180 is 600 per month

The standard edition on origin is the retail key and can only ever be used once on an account and is 30 days of sub time with 500 coins.

The origin deluxe edition is a code for 60 days sub time, per above is 525+525=1050 coins

if you got 525 coins instead of the 500 submit an in-game ticket and this can be looked into further if the wrong coin grant was provided.
if your friend feels he is getting more coins then intended and a system bug has occurred, if you get him to submit an in-game ticket they can investigate his account and remove any additional coins for him if found to be incorrect.

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 2 of 4 (436 Views)

★ Novice
@proxos666 I appreciate the response. This should all be laid out much clearer when buying those editions. My friend did receive additional cartel coins, but if you search the community (Reddit, etc) everyone recommends that you get the Deluxe Edition because of the 2000 cartel coins you receive over the course of 2 months. You always get the 1050 coins alongside the subscriber bonus. Maybe EA should fix their store? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Message 3 of 4 (428 Views)

[ Edited ]

@PsychoSh4rk 

Agree totally 

I did find the below in reference to the deluxe pack , have flagged this thread to make this clearer as to what is granted and what is not granted

origin.PNG

in case the snip is hard to read it states 

Upon redemption, this Code will be redeemed for 1,050 Cartel Coins. Cartel Coins and bonus item will be automatically credited to the User's Account upon redemption unless noted otherwise.

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 4 of 4 (427 Views)