Re: Fake “Poor wifi” causing match losses

by NAG255

Original Post

Fake “Poor wifi” causing match losses

★ Novice

Happens every so often against some people, they build a lot of units costing more than the possible Tiberius you start with and without cooldown and suddenly I start getting “poor connection” at any time that I could take control of a battle and end up losing due to not being able to send a unit , I had 1 unit on the field in my last match because the cooldown was taking around 20 seconds so I could even put another unit so I had no chance to win . Very disappointing to see this kind of thing happening.

Message 1 of 8 (686 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hey @coreyohagan1211 thanks for reaching out! The Poor Network notification is meant to act as a warning that your internet connection may not be as stable as needed at that time. Be sure to play with a good strong connection when possible. Do you get this notification often? And does it occur mostly on mobile data or WiFi? What device and OS do you use? We're always trying to improve the experience so any extra info will help us! Thanks Standard smile

Message 2 of 8 (660 Views)

★ Apprentice

Do you have any replays proving cheating?

I find it hard to believe even if you ran the game in an emulator, that you could memory edit such things as tiberium without the game desyncing/breaking.

I'm fairly sure its entirely server side.

As for poor wifi connection, that sounds like an issue on your side.

Message 3 of 8 (642 Views)

★★★ Novice

Unfortunately I'm having exactly the same problem.
On almost every second match I get a constant "Poor Network" notification and heavy lagging throughout the entire match.

I have a constant 5G Wifi network running on 100/100 Mbps with 0% loss (tests done on the smartphone I'm playing).

If it helps, my id is: NAG25#smppzjj5.

If you need more information, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 8 (503 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @NAG255 and sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the connection.

The way WiFi works it is pretty vulnerable to interference (from other WiFi's and other devices) which can result in possible data loss or de-syncs. Have you tried to switch to cellular to see if that can improve your connection? 

Message 5 of 8 (497 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello!

Thank you very much for your fast reply.

With 4G there is indeed no lag or "Poor Network" notification.

Still strange, I'm on a 5Ghz wifi access with 100/100 fibre connection and 0% loss.

All other games work fine over wifi. Really don't think this can be related to poor connection.

Message 6 of 8 (465 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @NAG255 and glad to hear it is better using the cellular network connection.

Message 7 of 8 (459 Views)

★ Novice

This was just a thing that happened only on occasion but now it seems to have become a big problem , so bad I can’t really play the game so I have stopped playing and sometimes I think maybe I’ll give it another go but the lag is just so bad for the account I can’t even play a match it just hitched the whole time while I get destroyed and as funny as that is it makes the game not very fun any more and basically unplayable , so sad since I love the whole command and conquer series and this game was great but after all these patches I still can’t even play a stable match , just too sad.

Message 8 of 8 (392 Views)