Failing to connect to the game - Mystery Portal

by AdvancedLoiterer

Original Post

Failing to connect to the game - Mystery Portal

★★★ Newbie

This is not a new problem but it keeps reoccuring, preventing players from joining a mystery portal multiplayer and gaining the rainbow stars needed. On the third and now fourth portal, myself and other family members are receiving the following messages when using the mystery portal and are being kicked out of Portal to the Town Hall:

1. Finding the BEST match.
2. Found the BEST match.

3. Failed to connect to the game session, please try again.

It is not our internet connection as one member will be in a game and the other three will get the error (yes, we are a gaming family). It is not our server either, as we can have friends join private matches of ops/multiplayer just after being kicked out of mystery portal.

We are from Australia, it is already difficult to find enough players to complete a multiplayer round. We have to change regions just to get access to a game, but, that causes problems too - time zones and lagging. The games are very expensive to purchase here ($80AU), and we are feeling very ripped off at the moment. Even with families playing together, we just cannot gain the necessary access and requirements to play. Out of the four players, I am the only one that has received any key since the Trials of Gnomus began over a month ago. The other three members have received none.

Do you think that you can fix the bugs? Maybe leave the portal open for a week to allow the bugs to be fixed and players time to earn rainbow stars before closing it?

Honestly, this family is so discouraged and believes that the time in game development would have been better spent on expanding the maps in both gardens/graveyard ops and multiplayer, than the trials of gnomus fiasco.

PS. I tried to get a screen cap of the error but the game did not allow me. I am no IT expert, just a mature aged mum that loves to play games with her husband and adult children. Sorry. I am trying to be techno savvy, but, your bugs are testing my techno limits and patience. Your earliest attention to this matter would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 2 (336 Views)

Re: Failing to connect to the game - Mystery Portal

★ Apprentice

i have a similar problem: every time i leave a session and try to join another one, it just doesn't connect me, giving me the same error message you got. the only way i know to prevent this from happening is to restart the game every time i leave a game session, which is getting very annoying

Message 2 of 2 (304 Views)