Failed to retrieve data, looking for info

by couchpotato37

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Failed to retrieve data, looking for info

★★ Novice

I preordered the game and got it 3 days early, been getting failed to retrieve data message and havent played a single online game yet because of this. Contacted support 3 times and no troubleshooting has worked, tech support insists it's a problem with my connection but nhl19 works fine. Ive cleared alternate mac address, cleared persistent storage, removed my gamertag, reinstalled the game, done countless reboots of my xbox and router. Would love to any information about the failed to retrieve data error as its getting really ridiculous at this point. Is it gonna get fixed or should I get a refund because I really dont want to do that as I love nhl and i think this years game is really good. But be a pro is only fun for so long... would love to be able to get online and play some games.

Message 1 of 7 (607 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Failed to retrieve data, looking for info

★★★★ Apprentice

@couchpotato37 @Dill227 check the thread posted in Bugs, thread link posted above.  Try unplugging any usb cables from your console, then try again.  Worked for me and many others.

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (530 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Thanks for the post @couchpotato37 

We have a dedicated topic about the issue here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Post-your-FTRD-information-here-Failed-To-Retrieve-Data/td-p/8...

If you could add your two cents to the post would help a lot! :D 

Thanks!

/Atic 

Message 2 of 7 (557 Views)

NHL 20

★★★ Novice

I am really hoping we can get compensated for all of the trouble. I’ve probably checked a total of 50 times since Friday to see if it was fixed and it still isn’t. I feel like I wasted my money cause I don’t play he game unless it is online

Message 3 of 7 (514 Views)

★★★ Novice
@couchpotato37 I am right there with ya, it’s very frustrating
Message 4 of 7 (550 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@couchpotato37 @Dill227 check the thread posted in Bugs, thread link posted above.  Try unplugging any usb cables from your console, then try again.  Worked for me and many others.

Message 5 of 7 (531 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so much man, whoever figured that out is amazing, I'm so happy rn

Message 6 of 7 (524 Views)

★★★ Novice

That is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard...the dumber thing is that it actually worked!

Message 7 of 7 (503 Views)