Failed to connect to EA servers Battlefield 1.

by -Wh1tEWoIF-

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Failed to connect to EA servers Battlefield 1.

★★ Novice

Hi all, recently I jumped onto a game of Battlefield 1 on the map Fort De Vaux, however halfway through the match my PC encountered a fatal error and had to restart. After the restart I hopped back on and tried to join a server but it came up with "An unknown error occurred" and then took me back to the main menu where it displayed "Failed to connect to EA servers". I connected again successfully and thought it was just an error but when I join the server again it said the same thing and the game went offline again!. I repaired the game and checked my connection but it still did the same thing. I knew I was not offline as I was using web browser in Origin display and could see my status as "Online". I am unsure of why this problem happened. I have attached an image of the problem I have. Cheers.

Message 1 of 5 (8,216 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Failed to connect to EA servers Battlefield 1.

Hero (Retired)

@-Wh1tEWoIF- Try this for settings and see if it helps you...

Run the game as Administrator:
Go to the Origin games folder (C:\Program Files (x64)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1) and find Bf1.exe. Right click it and go to PROPERTIES, then COMPATIBILITY and check the box next to RUN THIS PROGRAM AS ADMINISTRATOR.

Run Origin as Administrator:
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin and right click on Origin.exe and go to properties. Then go to compatibility tab and check the box next to RUN AS ADMIN.

Disable Origin in game:
In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game

Origin Cloud Storage turn it off
Origin, settings, General

Reboot PC test BF1

If you still crash see information below....

Try a clean boot : run a Clean Boot: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/kb/929135 >This should ensure that no programs are interfering in the background.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (11,437 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@-Wh1tEWoIF- Try this for settings and see if it helps you...

Run the game as Administrator:
Go to the Origin games folder (C:\Program Files (x64)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1) and find Bf1.exe. Right click it and go to PROPERTIES, then COMPATIBILITY and check the box next to RUN THIS PROGRAM AS ADMINISTRATOR.

Run Origin as Administrator:
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin and right click on Origin.exe and go to properties. Then go to compatibility tab and check the box next to RUN AS ADMIN.

Disable Origin in game:
In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game

Origin Cloud Storage turn it off
Origin, settings, General

Reboot PC test BF1

If you still crash see information below....

Try a clean boot : run a Clean Boot: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/kb/929135 >This should ensure that no programs are interfering in the background.

Message 2 of 5 (11,438 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi thanks for the tip. The game worked again last night, I'm not sure what happened but I repaired again and the started it up and it was fine.

Cheers.

Message 3 of 5 (8,173 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I am having the same problem after updating Origin on my pc, cant join a BF4 server.
Message 4 of 5 (7,459 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Falcon97670 How are you trying to join a server are you using the new load out or server browser? If your using the new load out try the server browser and see if it will load this way.....

1- Log into origin

2- Open browser and log into battlelog http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/

3- Join a server though battlelog

Other things to try and fix your game .....

Re- install origin only not your game just origin.

1. Uninstall Origin completely from Windows Control Panel.
2. Reboot your PC. This is important to clear out any lingering registry files or directories.
3. Download the latest here: http://origin.com/download
4. Install Origin You should not be prompted to update.

Check your firewall to be sure it is open to the game and not blocking it.

Message 5 of 5 (7,439 Views)