Re: Facebook Connect - Unavailable on Android

by Colleenie_246

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Facebook Connect - Unavailable on Android

★★★ Newbie

I've filed a case (64567316) which multiple EA advisors have not been able to assist with. The option for Facebook connect is no longer present and I am unable to access my account. I am on a new device (the old device died).

It appears that this has happened before (most recently in April) and was supposed to have been resolved in the update April 29th. This has been reported on the forums as well by another user (https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/235106/facebook-connect)

Can we get a status and update on the timeline to get Facebook Connect working again so we can access our accounts?

Message 1 of 6 (627 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Moridante Unfortunately, EA had to disable Facebook connect temporarily, due to some compliance changes with the platform. We do not know when it will be returned.

If you need to transfer your account, please open up,a customer support ticket through the in-game interface and let them know you need to link an iOS to Android account.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/233875/account-transfers-to-be-temporaril...

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (601 Views)

All Replies

@Moridante Unfortunately, EA had to disable Facebook connect temporarily, due to some compliance changes with the platform. We do not know when it will be returned.

If you need to transfer your account, please open up,a customer support ticket through the in-game interface and let them know you need to link an iOS to Android account.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/233875/account-transfers-to-be-temporaril...

★★★ Newbie
@GladOS-013 Thanks! I read that notice, but read it as moving between iOS and Android, not being able to log into Facebook Connect, and the last few advisors didn't even offer a transfer as an option. I'll give it another try -
Message 3 of 6 (588 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@GladOS-013 

Do you know if I put in a ticket to move from iOS to android if I can continue to play on iOS (if I so choose) or once I move to android I can no longer play on iOS anymore?

thank you

Message 4 of 6 (552 Views)

@mattrarick You should be able to play on both.

★★★ Newbie

So how do we add friends without the Facebook activated?

Message 6 of 6 (495 Views)