Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

FUT20: Disconnecting from EA Servers

by SamyBubbles11

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: FUT20: Disconnecting from EA Servers

Community Manager

@DuzinhoTF 

Let me know if you'd like to do some troubleshooting.

Message 21 of 42 (316 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo Hi, yes. What actions should I take, if any? I'd like to remind you the disconnecting bug had stopped and came back full steam with FIFA 20's latest patch. I'm at work right now but I'll be able to test it in 4 or 5 hours
Message 22 of 42 (297 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@DuzinhoTF 

Are the disconnects happening only when you play season co-op online with a friend? If you play any other mode or season matches alone, is everything fine?

Message 23 of 42 (277 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo Yes, only gets disconnected on season co-op, same as before. I played the trophies season last weekend by myself and didn't get disconnected at all. I mean, except when the opponent was losing and cleared left the game. As mentioned before, this problem would happen every once in a while before but after this last patch it happens every other match. We got disconnected, thus lost, 4 out of the 6 last matches me and my friend played.
Message 24 of 42 (270 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@DuzinhoTF 

Have you power cycled your equipment since this started happening? If not, try doing it now with these steps: unplug your modem, router and console. After 2 minutes plug in the modem and router. Let them come back online completely. Then plug in your console and start it up. Let me know if that helps or not. Thanks!

Message 25 of 42 (253 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

I get disconnected midgame without a reason. «You disconnected from the EA Servers» almost everytime, back to the Main Menu, press connect and logs in as if nothing happened. I have literally tried everything. I find it hard to believe that my PC/ internet connection is the problem here; every other game I play doesn't have a single problem, even other EA games. Since EVERYONE is reporting this issue, every day there are so many topics about this, it doesn't make any sense to blame everyone's internet connection. Also, Origin goes offline with the message we can't connect you to your friends at this time. So it's clearly a problem on Origin's/Ea's side. I tried FUT Draft in single player mode once, I lost 15,000 coins just for nothing because of a disconnection. Since then, I'm not even trying that mode. I also play Seasons, and Co-Op, not even a single disconnect.
EA won't fix this, they never even cared to fix simple stuff, like the button configuration not saving at all when playing with friends, since FIFA 16, you have to configure the controller everytime you connect a 2nd player to the game.
Why would someone buy FIFA21 on PC/PS4/XBone if you already know it will be the same game, with the same issues all over again, just for the new updated teams?

Message 26 of 42 (216 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@FrostJotun 

Not everyone is complaining about this. If it were, there would definitely be an issue we'd investigate. We're not aware of any currently so we'll need to go through some troubleshooting. Let me know if you'd like to do that.

Message 27 of 42 (210 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can clearly see a dozen topics concerning the same issue; disconnections mid-game on FUT. I don't know how far back this problem goes, but as I am constantly searching over the forums lately, I know it is happening at least 2 months now.
It can't just be a coincidence amongst so many players.
Message 28 of 42 (197 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@FrostJotun 

There are millions of FIFA players. The amount of reports we get on the forums is from a small portion of the playerbase. This is why we need to troubleshoot individually when there are no known issues currently.

Message 29 of 42 (190 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@EA_AljoYeah I get that, you have to check every topic individually. You can't be too sure that everyone has the correct settings, open ports, a stable internet connection, non faulty hardware etc.
Still, seeing this "motif" of reports for this issue from players, specifically for the FUT mode, makes me believe there has to be something common in all these cases. Also, not having a single problem in any other online game I play, and only in FUT modes like Squad Battles, or Draft, it's kinda weird.

Message 30 of 42 (163 Views)
Twitter Stream