Re: FUT Division Rivals Xbox One controller (Can`t move players or select player

by hanneb1989

Original Post

Re: FUT Division Rivals Xbox One controller (Can`t move players or select player

★★★★★ Novice

Played some games today - one or two games out of 10 were completely fine, but most games I could control the players for only for a moment here or there. When the players are uncontrollable, you can still pass or shoot and it even goes to the direction you set it in, however there is 5 or more seconds of a delay. In some matches the game gets smooth for a couple of seconds when the game is reset after the ball leaves the pitch.
I think it would be really weird if there was a controller issue which doesn't occur anywhere else and which randomly goes on and off AND an insane delay on top of that. Seems to me like a connection issue.

Message 41 of 419 (2,662 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi, I've the same issue too!!! I thought it was an hack, because the game is trying to kick me out due to inactivity.

I made a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ltx-7J5c2iI

This is very annoying I lost a lot of games with Cristiano Ronaldo on loan and I would like to have it back, how can I do that?

I tried to report a bug but no one replied

Message 42 of 419 (2,655 Views)

★★★ Guide

Got the same exact thing mate, but it only happen in Division Rivals. So i think we need to wait till EA makes a gameplay update/fix. I have allready so many things from other threads aswell. But it looks like Division Rivals do not support Xbox One controllers at the moment. So it looks like Division Rivals need a gameplay update/fix to support the controllers. Its sad and frustrating but we need to give EA and the CM`s at the community as much information as we can provide.
Message 43 of 419 (2,634 Views)

Community Manager

Again if you can provide any Msinfos they will be very helpful. 

Also can I get some timestamps (including timezone) for any times you were affected by this. Even if it happens every match for you, some sample times for matches will be very helpful. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 44 of 419 (2,631 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide
I think we can provide you with that information no problem at all mate. Perhaps could you give us some more clarity about the latest info about this problem? As example do the studio know of oure issue? Will there be a fix in the next gameplay update? It would be less frustrated when we get provide with that information so we can inform other users in other threads with that information Wink Cuz at the moment we dont know what the latest status is of this. Btw thank you for the quick respons and the XP aswell!
Message 45 of 419 (2,627 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

At this moment we're still gathering info and trying to nail down a cause, and I don't have specific confirmed info, sorry.

I suspect this issue is related to the fifa config tool, the pop-up box that you get before you start the game proper. If someone could try disabling this then testing again, we'll either be able to discount this as a potential factor, or we'll have at least a temporary workaround.

I'd appreciate if someone affected by this issue could try the following steps.

1: Start the game as normal.
2: From the main menu alt/tab to your desktop. 

3: Close the fifa config panel. 

4: Return to your game and see if it has any effect on the control issue. 

Thank you. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 46 of 419 (2,615 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Nope,nothing has changed after following your sollution unfortunetly.
Message 47 of 419 (2,603 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ok I will try to play with the fifa control panel closed and see if that will happen again. In the meantime some more info

I didn't record every time it happend, but the one I made the video was 

Monday, 1 October 2018, 10:55:12 AM (AEST) I was playing from Sydney.

The matches before everything was normal.

I hope that will help

Message 48 of 419 (2,608 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Gladiatorev2 Ok, thank you for trying. Discounting potential sources of an issue really does help. 

Can you add your msinfo to a case and link me the number?

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-find-and-attach-your-msinfo/

@SR88X Thank you. Unfortunately the video you posted was blocked in my region due to a music claim, can you try uploading it again muted?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 49 of 419 (2,589 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Guys I probably solved the issue, I played about 7 or 8 games in a row now without the bug, here's what I did:
Open the Fifa config and go to the Game settings, set the Frame rate to Lock to 60fps (I had it unlimited before) and the DirectX to 12 (had 11 before).
I have no idea why would it make any difference, but since then I could actually play without the bug.

Message 50 of 419 (2,539 Views)