FUT CHAMPS games slow and unresponsive

by kid_bravo85

Original Post

Re: FUT CHAMPS games slow and unresponsive

★ Apprentice
I don't use either TV or telephone, so that's not a concern...
I could also try to go dhcp only on my apple router and let the isp box handle the nat. Would that be an option perhaps?
Message 81 of 140 (1,792 Views)

★★ Guide

If you dont need the isp router for other things then find out how to bridge mode it.

let the apple run as the router running all functions.

Much better that way imo

Message 82 of 140 (1,771 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ok, after spending 1h20m waiting on the phone I learned from my ISP that their router is bridged...

The guy said that he had helped a friend once to get his setup to a nat type 3 for a better online experience?

Can that actually be right?

I have a nat2 connection, and as I understand the higher nat#, the stricter it gets...

The Apple can't seem to portforward.

I can reserve some ports, but they have to be identical on the public and private?!?

Message 83 of 140 (1,755 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ok, so just ran 2 pingplotter...

The first is ICMP and the second is UDP.

Both of them was targeted at easo.ea.com

What kind of sense do they make?

Message 84 of 140 (1,747 Views)

★ Apprentice

Tried to run the pingplotter again with the ports open like you saw in the earlier post, and the results are a little different...

First is the UDP and the second is ICMP.

Message 85 of 140 (1,737 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@kristofferkragh You have been able to play after making changes to the ports on your router ?

Make a ping or trace to easo.ea.com really doesn't mean anything. Why? Because, from what I've seen, when you play for example fut champs or a DKT game you connect to dedicate servers depending from where you are. As you can see easo.ea.com is a server in the USA, so it doesn't make sense that you have to connect to a server in the US to plat fifa, when you know there are dedicated servers in Germany for example. 

In my case, I'm from central america, so my nearest servers are in the USA. I identified the servers and my ping to them varies between 70-80ms. 

Play with that changes you had done, and let us know how works. 

I'm pretty sure that you are very close to the servers, and should be fine after you opened the ports.
Message 86 of 140 (1,709 Views)

★★ Guide

The good news.

You not getting changing routes by the looks of it on udp which is good....mine on a previous isp were looping.

ICMP graphs look quite similar but even after a little time the change in UDP is better....could be ports but thats something you need to monitor.(plus with how it plays online)

Might be worth doing a test with the ports off and quickly again when on..UDP

When you watch the graphs are those x's constantly moving in different directions?UDP

Message 87 of 140 (1,709 Views)

★★ Guide

BTW also run a test on this site.

dslreports.

This reports 3 things which also impact the game.

Bufferbloat can be a pain but not too bad....ideally A but B isnt too bad....unless its all ont he upload side so you need to watch it.

Speed...which isnt important.

Quality....in all the time ive been testing this is a very important factor...you need to have A or A+

Message 88 of 140 (1,707 Views)

★ Apprentice
The x's are pretty static. The spikes you see on the graph with the open ports are literally spikes. 2-3 jumps over a 10 minute period...
I shall try to run a test as suggested soon...
UDP with and without open ports right after each other...
Message 89 of 140 (1,707 Views)

★★ Guide

If they are relatively static then i doubt thats the issue.

Your udp could be fine....or fine to a level.

When you play decent player they may simply have stabler connections (which makes them seem better imo).

Check the dsl reports test.

Thats also a good pointer.

Ive just run some tests and got A A A...but on pingplotter i seen some ping spiking jumps in the isp network so thinking of not even bothering with the daily knockout....another week and no wl.

It was good tuesday but i left the semi till last night and last night was a nightmare ...horrible gameplay.

Quit quite a few in a row then gave up.

Message 90 of 140 (1,701 Views)