Re: FPS over 150 stutter

by Sick1Click

Original Post

FPS over 150 stutter

★ Apprentice

As the title says, it seems like anything over 150, or 160FPS has nasty stutter. I have a 240Hz Gsync ultimate monitor, and this is the only game I have nasty stuttering in at high FPS. I've tried all the guides, and I'm certain it's the game, not my PC. I have to reduce my monitor refresh rate to 144hz to get a smooth game.

Are there any plans to address this? It'd really be nice to play this game at 240hz/fps without it looking like a stutter fest.

And as a side note, Nvidia reflex adds a ton of stuttering too. I had to turn it off immediately after it was implemented. Probably need to look into that one as well.

Message 1 of 7 (638 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Hey @CARLS_CAR_LOL 

try these star commands: -dev -novid -rate 240 -freq 240 +fps_max unlimited -high

Have a look here, too: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Visual-Glitches-and-Stuttering-in-game/m-p/9869777/highli... 

Message 2 of 7 (603 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Sick1Click I have tried the start commands you mentioned and it doesn't do anything to help unfortunately. And your videoconfig is going to set my graphics to something undesirable (not to mention it's for 1080p). I play in 1440p.

Thank you for your suggestion, though.
Message 3 of 7 (595 Views)

★ Pro
@CARLS_CAR_LOL nvidia ultra low latency mode is causing problems on my 1050 ti.. since nvidia reflex is "on" by default and nvidia states it cannot be disabled because of a bug.. other than that there might be issues if you try to run the game over 180fps.. causes idk its what i've read from other people posting
Message 4 of 7 (590 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Konform103You can 100% turn it off with this : +gfx_nvnUseLowLatency 0

It definitely turns it off for me. If I don't have that start command it's stutter city.

Again, the game has issues over 160 FPS regardless of Nvidia reflex. The issue was present even before reflex came out.

Message 5 of 7 (588 Views)

★ Pro

Schermafbeelding 2021-01-10 164535.png

it's what they say on the page (official).. Enabling ultra low latency mode in nvidia control panel makes things worse for me.. I've been wondering for a while if this option needs to be active for nvidia reflex to even work

Message 6 of 7 (580 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

The videoconfig has nothing to do with 1080p or other resolutions (you can simply insert your own resolution), it makes your game smooth af. I play on a 240 screen, too. No problems at all with nvidia reflex. Try to disable gsync, dont cap framerate and dont use vsync for sure.

Message 7 of 7 (569 Views)