FPS is fine, but other players stutter and move in a choppy fashion

by otiskicks

Original Post

FPS is fine, but other players stutter and move in a choppy fashion

★★★ Newbie

Running Windows 10 on an i5-7400 cpu, with 8 gigs of ram and a GTX 1060, latest drivers, and having some weird issues.
FPS is high, only stutters when I'm about to drop, but when I'm on the ground with relatively high fps, other players just pop around, stutter, and are generally choppy. A lot of disappearing and reappearing a few steps forward, and shooting someone like that is near impossible. Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 4 (353 Views)

Re: FPS is fine, but other players stutter and move in a choppy fashion

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Well, in general, the netcode is pretty weak at the moment. People have tested it, tick rate is pretty bad (20 or so) and ping between players is also big, bigger than in similar games. My guess and hope is that they didn't expect a success like this, so they didn't tighten things up. I really like the game and I hope they will up the rate to at least 60 and deal with the ping issues.

Sometimes players stutter and rubberband, sometimes they don't, but regardless of what a specific situation was, I thin it can be put under the umbrella of netcode being less than stellar right now.

Message 2 of 4 (336 Views)

★★★ Newbie

was worried this might be the case as I'd heard the netcode was an issue. Any fixes at all at the moment?

Message 3 of 4 (309 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just got the same problem as you described.

Cloned my HDD to an SSD when the problem occured.

Just repaired the game and restarted...

Still the same problem Frown

Message 4 of 4 (265 Views)