FPS drops randomly and game sound and picture not loading in correctly

by Splottz

Original Post

FPS drops randomly and game sound and picture not loading in correctly

★★ Novice

I have tried everything i can, i mean everything from factory resetting my pc onwards, it seems to be nothing to do with my pc as it can handle much more intense games than apex, even if i have the graphics low it does it. I have repaired and uninstalled the game several times and tried many community problem solvers and nothing seems to work. Alot of the time it doesnt affect me because its in random places and after a few games it seems to get better. However after i quit the game and re load it, it all starts again, lagging, freezing, sound bugs, guns not loading in on the floor, the map not loading. Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 10 (586 Views)

Re: FPS drops randomly and game sound and picture not loading in correctly

Community Manager

Hi @Splottz When you run into issues do you notice connection symbols popping up or dips in the performance window? 

Also would it be possible to get a DxDiag?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 10 (527 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi there, thanks for responding. There is not connection symbols popping up and when i track my performance and temperature nothing ever goes over 70% usage. 

Message 3 of 10 (515 Views)

Community Manager
@Splottz Can you disable any running overlays including Origins?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 10 (485 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi there, i disabled all my overlays including origin and the fps drops have gone, however the random freezing for 10 seconds plus hasnt. Thanks for the help

Message 5 of 10 (450 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @Splottz Does running your device in a Clean Boot make a difference now?

Illium.png

Message 6 of 10 (408 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello again @EA_Illium i started my pc up in a clean boot and followed the steps, every other game seems to run fine other than apex. I tried opening it through desktop icon and it didnt work, didnt even open at all, so i started it through origin and got an error message that i will attach to this. 

Message 7 of 10 (381 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @Splottz To check are you overclocking or using any software to optimze the PC performance? Also, is the game installed on an HDD or SSD? we can try running a repair on the via the client and check if you still get this message? (if so does it continue to pop up when you start the PC normally?)

Illium.png

Message 8 of 10 (356 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey @EA_Illium i am not overclocking anything or using any software of that matter. The game is installed on an SSD. The game did not start at all after normal restart so i uninstalled and reinstalled it, i tracked my components heat and usage and my cpu didnt go higher than 15% and my gpu didnt go higher than 30% and temp was fine. however even when i saw the cpu was on 3% and gpu was on 7% the game was still jittering, even in the starting screen. I would like to try running a repair and see how that works.

Message 9 of 10 (338 Views)

Community Manager
@Splottz Wanted to check if the last repair made any changes?

Illium.png

Message 10 of 10 (301 Views)