Re: FPS drops on gtx 970. Patch?

by BlinkAChu

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Update: I've kept an eye on an FPS counter, it's not the actual FPS that drops. It stays solid at 60 FPS currently. (sometimes goes to 61 or 63 but never goes below 60)
Yet the stutter still happens, and I notice it mostly when I drift through corners (iow, when the camera seems to zoom out a bit for effect). Looks like it's a streaming issue, where the game is not able to stream in data fast enough or something. But since I've already installed the game on an M.2 SSD with 3.2GB read speeds, that shouldn't be an issue whatsoever, it has the bandwidth.

Message 41 of 80 (1,099 Views)

★ Apprentice

Having terrible stuttering here too, only been playing the trial but would have bought the game if it werent for this issue.

Been testing several settings ingame, on the nvidia controlpanel, different nvidia drivers (here I actually found that the latest one, 388.13, is by far the worse one for performance in all my games) and several other tips I've come across but nothing have worked.

I've been running the Mountain Run race to grind some speed cards and at the last 1000m of that race it stutters so badly that its more like a slideshow even if the fps counter shows 100+ frames, outside races the stuttering is abit less but still very frequent.

I hope there's a patch/hotfix incoming, the sooner the better, cause I really want to keep playing this game but atm its just not possible cause of the stutters Frown

Message 42 of 80 (1,078 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It is so disappointing, we are having stutters with 1080s and 1080s ti... 

Message 43 of 80 (1,069 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@radicchix yeah I know what you mean :/ Literally built a new PC last week with the whole goal to play the new games without problems, especially my favorites, and I feel kinda cheated by Ghost Games or EA in this case. I mean if you check recorded videos from Playstation and XBOX the game stutters even there, so even the base game the PC port is based on isn't up to code apparently. 
Which sucks, because I LOVE Need for Speed. I grew up on NFS Hot Pursuit (the first one) and NFS Porsche Unleashed 2000 and stuff, they were amazing. And then the NFS Underground series came and it became my favorite racing series. In the past few years with the Criterion Games the quality has been subpar, focusing more on gimmicks rather than good driving and a good reason to drive (a good story), but with NFS 2015 Ghost Games was bringing it back to the golden old days. Physics were kinda wonky in that one but I still loved it, amazing graphics and amazing car customization. Then NFS Payback comes out with lesser graphics (still good looking but The Crew 2 and Forza Horizon 3, both similar open world games, look better :/) Soundwise the game is awesome, they really know how to nail that, and while I absolutely hate the new card system to upgrade your car's engine and such (like why go the way The Crew did it when NFS 2015 had a great engine upgrade system), I still want to play this game as the story at least intrigues me and I love the updated physics they put in.

Message 44 of 80 (1,050 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@radicchix wrote:

It is so disappointing, we are having stutters with 1080s and 1080s ti... 

And even Titan XP's Standard smile

For me it seems to be okay in general free roam, if I do any sort of racing or a Mission I get crazy stuttering.  I was doing a playthrough on my YouTube channel as well but every time the stutter kicks in you get a ton of input lag and the game becomes virtually unplayable.

DXDiag text file included for @EA_Andy

Message 45 of 80 (1,041 Views)

★ Apprentice

Been upgrading my own PC the last year with hardware that supposedly should be able to run todays games without problems, but it sadly seems like its the new way games are at launch now, always some frustrating bug that follows. Another example is the Destiny 2 launch were it took 2 patches to remove the gamebreaking issues, one of em the horrendous stutter after the first patch :/

Message 46 of 80 (1,024 Views)

Stuttering problems, is it getting looked at? :/

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

As title says, anyone at EA that can tell if the stuttering issues some/alot of people are having are being looked at? The stutters are so bad that its basically unplayable, been running the Mountain Run race for testing and massive stutters happens just before the gas station thats in the race, at the 1,8km left mark then the last 1km of the race is so stuttery that it affects the carhandling. I so hope this will get hotfixed sooner rather than later or that someone have found a magical workaround this issue cause everything I've tried so far has not worked at all :/

Adding the dxdiag too.

EDIT: Forgot to add that the Side Bet menu is also so much laggier than the game, that a pointer to what could be wrong?

Message 47 of 80 (1,431 Views)

Re: Stuttering problems, is it getting looked at? :/

★★★★★ Apprentice

@LurkerYun

Could you check if you have the latest GPU drivers installed? One of the my streamer friends had stuttering issues in some game in a brand new PC and in the end he found that the latest nvidia drivers were causing the issue. He then downgraded the drivers to a previous version and it resolved the issue. Might work for you as well. Standard smile

Message 48 of 80 (1,408 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ty for suggestion @Dryminator but already tried that, tried the 4 latest drivers and also tweaked around the fact that 388.13 and 388.00 makes G-Sync not work properly. Any idea how far back your friend rerolled to btw? 

Message 49 of 80 (1,400 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@LurkerYun

388.13 was a culprit for him. 388.00 worked fine.

Message 50 of 80 (1,377 Views)