Re: FPS drops on gtx 970. Patch?

by dekaiev

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Sad to see others facing the same issue, but it's also good to know I'm not alone.

Asus Rog Strix 1080ti

i7 6700

2x8gb 2400mhz ram

2x1tb SSD set to Raid 0

Latest nvidia drivers (the NFS payback promoting ones released 2 days ago)

As if I was needing for something else to drive me away from the game...

Edit: Completely unrelated, Danjuhas, I've seen you strongly trying to defend the game from other people's points of view on a couple threads. You don't need to come into tech support forums to do the same thing. This is not about personal preferences, this is about the software's flawed performance, I'm intrigued on the reasons driving your every post in defense of the game. Just curious, no offense intended.

Message 11 of 80 (1,197 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have paid a lot of money for a 1080ti in order to play everything without issues. If the game has problems it is better to postpone it. 

About playable, it is up to each individual person. I can't stand 2 things in a game. stuttering and screen tearing. They drive me insane! 

I'm gonna test the game on a SSD now. 

(Just tested it, it was better. However the stuttering still there. Only more sparse. I will wait for them to fix it.)

Message 12 of 80 (1,192 Views)

Now yeah

★★★ Guide

Good, now the game exit with successful.

Message 13 of 80 (1,158 Views)

★★★ Novice

it's just a bad console port, eating up all cpu power

stuttering/fps drops just like nfs 2015

Message 14 of 80 (1,154 Views)

★★ Apprentice

NFS 2015 ran like a charm for me, apart from the disappering ground issue.

This one gives bad stuttering even though the CPU and GPU usage are no more than 50%.

Message 15 of 80 (1,147 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Well...People complain because they pay for something which is not working.4 Euros are not much but do i want to throw it out the window?No! I have a PC which could play this game on MEGA ULTRA EXTREME settings without breaking a sweat and i can't even launch it most of the time...If it does then only in window and after trying to switch to full screen everything goes black and i have to restart...And yes,everything is up to date before we even go there...It is an unoptimized mess(and with the MESS word im being very diplomatic)...So,the verdict : don't ask for money if you know that something is not ready!!!This is why we complain.Wink

Message 16 of 80 (1,144 Views)

★★★ Novice

This trial is supposed to make you want the game, not the opposite! There is stuttering on all resolutions that is just an indication of a bad port. I like the storyline but I'm probably not going to buy it or pre-order it thanks to this trial. 

I've got a 1080ti, have the game on an ssd, running ryzen 1700 oc 4ghz. This game gives me stutters all over the place every 1-2 minutes. The cpu and gpu utilization is haphazard at best.

Message 17 of 80 (1,092 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Same as me. 1080ti 16gb ram 2400hz, I5 7400 and Stuttering as hell, even on a SSD. I have all Need games, but as it is, its a no buy for me...

Message 18 of 80 (1,080 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sam problem here. 

GTX 1070 - GPU, CPU around 50-60% but still getting huge fps drops no matter on setting - even on low. 

Message 19 of 80 (1,028 Views)

★ Apprentice

go to controlpanel :

power mode set to maximum perf.
verticalsync set to fast sync.

no more stutter on gtx 1060

Message 20 of 80 (1,023 Views)