Re: FPS drops on a decent gaming laptop... Unplayable.

by EA_Atic

Original Post

FPS drops on a decent gaming laptop... Unplayable.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Alright I know there are many many many threads all over the internet about FPS drops and stuttering so lets start with system specs. HP Omen 17": RX580 (8GB), i7 7700HQ (2.8GHz), 12GB RAM, (insert slow HDD name here)...

Now onto what I've seen in testing every combo of settings for 4 days: no CPU usage spikes, no disk usage spikes, no RAM usage spikes, no GPU usage spikes (just the usual 100% on the 3D). No matter what settings I change the only thing that even remotely helps is dropping my resolution scale to 75% or less. Or changing to a resolution way lower than 1080p (Yet I can run BF1 on high settings 1080p??)... Let me also mention 1080p with 75% resolution scale works on high and ultra but 1080p with 100% resolution scale on low has stuttering... 

Things I've tried outside of game to help: toggle the shader cache on and off, frame rate target control, v-sync on, v-sync off, free sync on, enhanced sync on, power management options including AMD powerplay options, changing priority in task manager, running game as admin, running origin as admin, origin overlay off, cloud saves off, share usage data off, DDU and reinstall of different driver versions, windows reinstall. (May have forgot a few other things I've tried considering how much I've been trying to fix this game) 

Anything helps, if I've tried it already I'll let you know. Thanks guys/girls!

Message 1 of 2 (489 Views)

Re: FPS drops on a decent gaming laptop... Unplayable.

EA DICE Team
@Explicittrpl6 thanks for all the details, what comes to mind is overheating but what FPS are you having?

/Atic
Message 2 of 2 (383 Views)