FPS drops after Felucia update (SWBF2)

by Skewbinston

Original Post

Re: Sept 25 Update Stuttering/Massive FPS drops

Community Manager

@VladtheChadDad 

Do you overclock? We've seen players mention their other games were fine but once clocking was set back to auto/default it improved. 

Blueberry.png
Message 21 of 138 (3,246 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry 

I do indeed, however I've just double checked and all my overclocking settings are already set to auto. 

Message 22 of 138 (3,242 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've just updated my Windows 10 version to the newest one and also updated Star Wars Battlefront 2. I still have the same issue. Before the felucia update it ran fine and now i get like 20fps. It's not because of some overclocking or because usb devices are plugged in. It must be some bug in the update or so. 

Message 23 of 138 (3,187 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The same here!

My System 7700k @ 4.9 / 16gb RAM 3200 / 

Rtx 2080ti 

I play on 4k ! All Settings on ultra 

A few weeks ago 80 - 100fps!

Now 60-70 FPS!

I changed Notting at the Settings or System please Fix that

Ty

Message 24 of 138 (3,158 Views)

Community Manager

@WarriorPlayer6 

Thanks for attaching your DxDiag.

We raised this up to the team and it's being investigated. If we need to gather more information on this like your PC specs we'll post it here. Thanks for hanging in there while we wait to find out more on this. 

Blueberry.png
Message 25 of 138 (3,153 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hi,

Didn't play about a month now, today was terrible, all the time heavy fps drops, on ships steady 144 fps, but something is locking the game since patch, no vsync on and still can't past 144 fps , drops to 80 on a i8700K and rtx 2080TI , before i could play about 160 fps on ultra smooth....

have the latest win 10 insider build.... running on nvidia drivers 431.60 , higher versions create a lot issues on different games and by other people on forum nvidia,

just typed in search on the magic web battlefront 2 fps drops == > and find this thread... 

msi afterburner shows very strange graph now instead a horizontal line its going up and down....

cpu runs at 60 to 70 % and gpu around 70 a 80 %

Regards

Message 26 of 138 (3,124 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

the same today with the latest update , the game is completely broken for me , unplayable even in 1080p with 2080 ti , all drivers uptodate.

what re you doing EA ???????

Message 27 of 138 (3,106 Views)

Re: Lots of things wrong...

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hello guys

Just to say after today's update I have had a massive hit to fps where the gpu is running at 100% and memory was fully being used. I have a 8700k processor with rtx 2080 and 16gb RAM and my fps was going to 10 to 20 fps. Updated drivers and everything without prevail. I turned off dx12 and everything went back to normal with 4gb vram usage. Went back to dx12 and went to crap again. This is the first time I have had to turn off dx12 in battlefront 2 so there looks to be a bug in the game.

Regards

Ian

Message 28 of 138 (3,076 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@cyberfredcobra Try turning of dx12 if you have it on as this helped me.
Message 29 of 138 (3,072 Views)

Re: Lots of things wrong...

Community Manager

@Mr_Fulgore  @cyberfredcobra  @CardConvict 

Thanks for the updates on this, that's really valuable information. We'll pass it along to the team.

Blueberry.png
Message 30 of 138 (3,243 Views)