FPS drops after Felucia update (SWBF2)

by Skewbinston

Original Post

Re: FPS drops after Felucia update (SWBF2)

★★ Novice

Mine used to run flawlessly but now is using 95-99% of my GPU and disk usage goes also to the clouds while CPU stays at 80-90%

Message 91 of 138 (2,243 Views)

★★ Pro

Hi!

I am using:

AMD Ryzen 3700X

AMD RX 580

32 GByte RAM

AMD X570 Board

And with SWBF2 and always using DirectX11 only I have some issues with this game since 2-3 month too.

In general I have over 110 FPS with low settings, with Chill and Freesync on I have 70 FPS (Limited by Chill).

I tried to limit the framerate with AMD's limiter and Riva Tuner, but both leads to crashes the game with me, I tried this more than 6 month ago.

With this hardware I have a lot of stuttering ingame since on of the latest updates.

Sometimes my framerate is constant on 70 FPS and I see heavy stuttering, then I have heavy framedrops under 30 FPS too. Often Framedrops seems to be done by Sidious Dark Aura and sometimes without any reason.

I don't use anything that is not needed for the game. I never had that issues before and I was informed, that even Xbox players have this stuttering (crashing) issues too.

Again I am using DirectX11 only, my PC system should be strong enough for this game and I haven't had this issues before that.

By the way my drivers, Windows and Visual C++ Redistributionals are up to date, I often check this.

Even though I don't know why I should ever use DirectX12 with this game, I have stuttering and framedrop issues too. 

Maybe someone can give me some advice for fixing this?

I have heard, that a lot of Nvidia users are not having this issue by the way, including the crash to desktop issues.

Greetings.

Message 92 of 138 (2,133 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Probably the only solution is to wait for it to be fixed. I put the game on the ice until it is resolved. Sadly, because i really like this game. i noticed some frame drops sometimes by Sidious too by the way. I am playing on DX11 as well, I noticed the stuttering too. It feels like the game is loading a lot during the gameplay or something. The game ran beautifully before a few updates. 

Message 93 of 138 (2,109 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I've tried it today after the latest patch. It feels like the performance got even worse.

Message 94 of 138 (2,054 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

EVGA 2080Ti FTW

I9 9900k

32GB Trident Z DDR4 @ 3200 

960 Pro 2TB M.2 NVME

.....well everyone's hardware config reacts to patches differently. I usually had 70 -90 fps @4k Ultra HDR, came back after a few months away from the game and was tanking in every map at 20 -30 fps. 

....turned off DX12 and game runs smooth as butter again.

So...apparently some patch broke DX12 for my setup.

Message 95 of 138 (2,019 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Same here.

dx11 = runs as it should with stable 144fps at a mix of high and ultra.

dx12 = runs at 70-80 fps at same settings. also mouse movement is affected in dx12 for some reason, lower fps gives slower mouse movement and I have to up the sensitivity on dx12. The fps difference is the same as the difference between dxr on or off in bfv. Last time I played this game none of these problems was in the game at dx 12 and that was back in September.

I do not have any big preference about playing on dx 12 so dx 11 is a good work around for me, but it sucks for those who really wants to play on dx12. 

Message 96 of 138 (1,995 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same on my PC

Used to run perfectly in DX12, but now i get 30-40 fps, and VRAM memory is always maxed out.

i7 7700T

RTX 2060 6gb

16gb ddr4

Running fine on DX11

Message 97 of 138 (1,986 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I have update the game yesterday, and my experience in Directx 12 is worse now than before!

Now in the game i have 30FPS and before i have 60FPS with a 2060, EA seems to be okay with that, nothing solved in 2 months. Good job EA/DICE, broke DX12 in the game more and more often...maybe in the next update we have at least 10 fps in game, and the next, we play the game in slowmotion with 2...just a guess

Message 98 of 138 (1,889 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

There is an issue between this game and nvidia drivers, because nvidia users only are experiencing this issue.
My guess is that DICE won't do anything, and nvidia also won't.

Message 99 of 138 (1,886 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

That would be sad. I built my pc to play battlefront 2. I have hope tho.

Message 100 of 138 (1,872 Views)