Re: FPS drops after Felucia update (SWBF2)

by DarthFDG

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@WiLdFaNdAnGo Bro is ridiculous, since the game is not a pay to win any more ...I think these guys are not going to release any other patch with a real solution 

Message 121 of 138 (2,176 Views)

Hero

Anyone getting more than 50 FPS on ultra settings at 2560x1440 in game? I'm not.

In-game video set to 144Hz, DX11, and HDR off.

System details in attached DXDIAG report.

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 122 of 138 (2,044 Views)

Hero

I was able to get to 70 on a different map in Co-op.

Anyone else seeing anything higher than 70 FPS?

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 123 of 138 (2,007 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

DX12 mode is broken. Fix it!

AMD R7 3800X

32 GB of DDR4 (3000 MHz)

NVidia GeForce RTX 2080 Super (driver is 456.71 WHQL)

SATA SSD

Absolutely unplayble (10fps or less) in 1080p

DX11 is fine (80+ fps in 4K res.).

Message 124 of 138 (1,859 Views)

Hero

@Lake333GLD wrote:

DX12 mode is broken. Fix it!

AMD R7 3800X

32 GB of DDR4 (3000 MHz)

NVidia GeForce RTX 2080 Super (driver is 456.71 WHQL)

SATA SSD

Absolutely unplayble (10fps or less) in 1080p

DX11 is fine (80+ fps in 4K res.).

multiple posts on DX12... I wouldn't hold your breath on seeing any improvements there.

Message 125 of 138 (1,846 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I get frametime drops even in Dx11. Was working fine before. The game is fine at first, then slowly starts spiking in intervals of about 4 seconds apart. Sometimes worse, but the most stable for me stays locked at any given fps but with drops down to half of what is displayed in aprox 4 second intervals. 5700xt, 3600x, 32gb 3200mhz ram, installed on SSD, idk what went wrong. I know my card has lots of driver issues, but these spikes weren't present before and the games that are highly optimized for it run fine with no drops.

Message 126 of 138 (1,734 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I solved some of these random spikes I was having, not all though, the more you play the worse it gets with instability, but at least the ones I solved were present right from launching the game.  I noticed Gpu fan rpm changes causes lag spikes. This only happens in this game that I have tested, not that I tested every single game.

Each time the GPU updates to a different value, the frametime graph shows a spike. You can replicate this by manually changing RPM while watching the frametime graph.

Aside from that, the stutters that occur after having been playing for a while are still present and seem to come and go as they please but don't happen for me at first in the game. But just noting that for my 5700xt, any rpm change poduces a lag spike, and this can be tested.

Message 127 of 138 (1,716 Views)

★★ Novice

EA what‘s wrong with you? Are you not updating your software to the new hardware?

It‘s an EA game again causing problems with my 3900x & 3060ti. 
I switched to DX11 and it runs smoothly but NFS Heat wasn‘t able to run smooth at higher FPS with my settings: https://www.sysprofile.de/id50974 

It seems that your engines need updates to state of the art hard- & software. 

Message 128 of 138 (1,372 Views)

Hero

@crazyluke84 wrote:

EA what‘s wrong with you? Are you not updating your software to the new hardware?

It‘s an EA game again causing problems with my 3900x & 3060ti. 
I switched to DX11 and it runs smoothly but NFS Heat wasn‘t able to run smooth at higher FPS with my settings: https://www.sysprofile.de/id50974 

It seems that your engines need updates to state of the art hard- & software. 

Correct - EA is not updating, because the game is over 3 years old and they stopped providing updates in 2020.

Message 129 of 138 (1,355 Views)

★★ Novice

To be honest: 3 years is no argument for me for an online multiplayer game which has an state of the art API running like DX12.
People are still buying it and playing it online. Servers are still running but they do not care about their customers anymore?

Wow what a customer support. 

Is this how you want to be treated as a customer for a product that you just bought? 
Stop selling it and running servers, when you‘re nut able to update it anymore.

Message 130 of 138 (1,313 Views)