FPS drops after Felucia update (SWBF2)

by Skewbinston

Original Post

FPS drops after Felucia update (SWBF2)

★★★★ Novice

Hello.

I am a PC player and I am experiencing some FPS drops. My PC is quite good and I have never faced this sort of problem before even if I was running the game on ultra graphics. This problem started today after the Felucia update. Did the developers do something wrong while updating the game or am I the only one having this issue?

Message 1 of 138 (26,342 Views)

Re: FPS drops after Felucia update (SWBF2)

★ Apprentice
@Skewbinston Me too. Crashing to desktop too. FPS down to 35 from 100+
Message 2 of 138 (26,273 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Skewbinston Yeah lol same issue here, my fps halved on my GTX 1060 6gb as of the update, from 70-100 to 30-40 without changing any graphics presets
Message 3 of 138 (26,255 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @officernickwilde  @Skewbinston  @Anaesthetic_UK´, 

We have a list of recommended troubleshooting you can try to solve any performance that you may have. I highly recommend that you try these items out before posting as we will ask you to do this list.

Here is troubleshooting list you can try to get better performance (it’s not guaranteed to work for everyone):

• Tried different graphical settings in the game.
  • Use DX 11 if you are using DX 12.
  • Run Ccleaner.
  • GPU drivers reinstalled.
  • Make sure that all of your drivers are up to date.
  • Make sure that windows is up to date.
  • Clean boot the PC.
  • Turn off Origin in-game.
  • Turn off any overlay system and programs.
  • Turn of Xbox game bar in windows.
  • Run Origin and SWBF as admin.
  • Add SWBF2 as an exception to any anti-virus/firewall
  • Turn off anti-virus/firewall
  • Removed SWBF2 exe and then run repair in Origin.
  • Remove the SWBF2 document folder in documents and then turn off Origin cloud sync for SWBF2. (it removes settings and it removes the single player and arcade progression)
  • Try to do a manual uninstall of Origin.
  • Reinstall Star Wars: Battlefront 2.
  • Try a new windows account with admin priviliges.

If you have network issues follow our network troubleshooting guide.

If non of the troubleshooting did not work can you upload a dxdiag. 

The information we need:

• We need a Dxdiag from you to see what drivers and hardware you are using.
  • What troubleshooting steps have you done to try to solve the performance issue you had with SWBF2?

Thanks for understanding and lets see what we can do to solve the performance issues for you. Standard smile

/Atic 

Message 4 of 138 (26,155 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have 1060 6gb too and have the same FPS drop. I've tried latest drivers and most of the check list above. There's got to be a bug somewhere

@EA_Atic

Message 5 of 138 (26,128 Views)

★★ Novice
@Anaesthetic_UK Same here I have 1080ti and FPS drop to 75 from 115.
Message 6 of 138 (26,086 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic I have the same issue. Before the update I had arround 40-60 fps and now i have 15-30. All drivers are up to date. 

Message 7 of 138 (26,037 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Atic I tried some of your advices but non of them helped. All the drivers are up to date, I optimized the game in the GeForce Experience app, I reinstalled the game, Windows is up to date etc. I am sure something went wrong with the update and that there is a problem in the game and not in my PC (I have no such problems in other games and the PC is just working as it should be...)
Message 8 of 138 (25,972 Views)

Lots of things wrong...

★★ Novice

When I open the game, the shaders can take up to ten minutes to optimize. Them when they finally do optimize, the screen goes into a black and a white stripe then does the intro videos... But stutters a lot when it does. After that, when the game actually loads, I don`t have a cursor (but I`m able to click) and I get like 30 fps (I can run GTA 5 with a steady 50 fps). I`ve redownloaded the game and the problems are still there...

Message 9 of 138 (25,978 Views)

Re: Lots of things wrong...

Community Manager

@OMGGamer840 

The mouse cursor not showing up may be related to overlays. Check out this post we currently have posted at the top of the boards: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Workaround-Mouse-and-or-keyboard-don-t-work-in-game/m-p/7...

Moved your post over to a discussion on FPS drops since the latest update.

Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 138 (25,226 Views)