Re: FPS drop in new area "Containment"

by DrewIsNotNice

Original Post

FPS drop in new area "Containment"

★★★ Novice

Apex legend Season 2 new area "Containment" give me a massive FPS drop usually no matter what effect happen on screen my game always run higher than 60 but when i go to containment and look around in some angle my FPS decrease below 30 is this a render problem?

Message 1 of 20 (1,688 Views)

★ Novice
@_EXCALI13URN_ Me too (i7-8700k, RTX2080Ti) - Usually this could happen to me in the Swamp area but not to this extent.
Message 2 of 20 (1,657 Views)

★★★ Novice

Really? with that setup? must be a render problem my FPS decrease whenever i look on the up hill side

Message 3 of 20 (1,614 Views)

★★★ Novice

yup, i have intel i7-9700k nvidia 2060 and i usually get 144 fps. in containment it sits at 90 and dips to 80 sometimes. Even when indoors. 80 FPS is actually so choppy when normally playing on 144fps. 

Message 4 of 20 (1,598 Views)

50 frame drop in Containtment

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have a pretty solid system of i7-9700k and RTX 2060. Graphics are on medium-low. I usually can get 120-144 fps in areas of the map but in Containment i drop down to 80s-90s. Having a 144hz monitor with free"G"sync it actually tears quite a bit. I know others have this problem, is this a issue with the rendering of the area? im confused.

Message 5 of 20 (1,519 Views)

Re: 50 frame drop in Containtment

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue in this area. As soon as you leave this place everything is back to normal. This area definitely has rendering issues.

I7 6700K

GTX 1070

Message 6 of 20 (1,509 Views)

Serious FPS drop in Containment

★ Guide

The title says it all really, I am getting quite dramatic FPS drop and slowdown in the new Containment area... it seems worst when I am on the western side of Containment looking out across the valley towards the Leviathan/Dinosaur/Nessie beast, often my FPS will drop from 110 to 50-60 simply turning around in this area to look in a different direction, it makes combat difficult.

This is the first time I have noticed consistent, area specific FPS drop in Apex. I have a pretty okay machine... GTX 1080Ti, i9 9900K and 32Gb of RAM. I think the cage area around the other monster performs okay, I haven't noticed any problems in that area, although I haven't been there quite so much, I will try and test later. So I don't know if the monster is causing the FPS drop or whether it is some other aspect of the Containment environment which makes this happen... it's often hard to test in game without getting shot!!

Message 7 of 20 (1,568 Views)

Re: Serious FPS drop in Containment

Community Manager

Strange it's only in that area, do you run any overlays like Discord or Origin In-game? Can you upload a DxDiag for us so we can look at your system specs?

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 20 (1,550 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. Any outside area of Containment is bad. But, especially so when looking out towards the open area around the leviathans
I have a stock clocked i7 8700k all cores locked @ 4.7 GHz, a GTX 1080, 16 GB 3000 Mhz RAM. All of my settings are set to low / Disabled except for Model Detail which is at High and Anisotropic filtering at 16x all at 1080p. 

Yet, this area is so bad dropping from the inside of building while at 130 fps to running outside and getting as low as 70 fps dips. I see everything maintain around 80ish to 90ish outside; but, the spikes are the issue. Since it's so variable it feels worse than a constant 60fps target.

Message 9 of 20 (1,546 Views)

Re: Serious FPS drop in Containment

★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry Nope no ingame overlays. Discord I use but not the overlay, and Origin overlay has been off for while. I am not saying I never get the odd FPS drop in Apex, but this is the first time I have noticed it consistently related to a specific area, and it is really dramatic.

Attached is dxdiag image as well as text dump

I will try and grab some video of being in that area later and upload it to youtube... is a little difficult to conduct tests when people are trying to shoot you though xD

Message 10 of 20 (1,541 Views)