Re: FPS_MAX command

by Ir0n_One

Original Post

★★★ Novice

I think they may have disabled all command line arguments because of the leaked code for 1000 apex coins... this might be old news by now though.

On the other hand, I really dont understand their advantage argument.

If players are at some advantage because of higher frames, then why don't you remove the FOV slider as well? Hmmmm?

Anyway, if you are developing a AAA title of your own and are curious about what the fastest way to kill your game might be, take notes from Respawn.

They are doing a smash up job so far... smh.

Message 11 of 33 (2,019 Views)

Mouse input lag - FPS_MAX

★★★ Newbie

Ever since the update I am unable to play without a stutter-type mouse input lag. Before the update, this was mitigated through the use of the FPS_MAX command to limit my FPS to 60.

What are our options now? I have spent hours messing with settings and reading up on the issue with little to no success. 

Thanks

Message 12 of 33 (1,998 Views)

Re: Mouse input lag - FPS_MAX

★★ Novice

Respawn knows of these issues and they said they will try to patch it with other stuff they * up in this update:D we still have hope low spec guys Standard smile

Message 13 of 33 (1,938 Views)

Message 14 of 33 (1,872 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is a game breaker for me as I am using G-Sync and have to limit to right below my monitor's refresh rate. Who comes up with an idea like that? Bring this back. Until you do you lost me. No option other than going back to other games.

Message 15 of 33 (1,867 Views)

Message 16 of 33 (1,861 Views)

★★★ Novice

That does not solve it. It introduces input lag as any external frame limiter does.

Message 17 of 33 (1,846 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm having this exact same issue. All settings are minimum. My computer is way overkill by most people's standards and I am still unable to stream the game. Please fix this ASAP (before season 2 at the very least) if you want any chance of the game getting a resurgence.

If anyone knows a temporary work around that doesn't involve third party programs please let me know. 

Message 18 of 33 (1,909 Views)

★★ Novice
same problem here really need to cap fps to have a better experience, hope it get fixed soon, that and having the keyboard fixed because not having shortcuts for healing items is such a pain Frown.
Message 19 of 33 (1,884 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yep * me hard aswell.

My setup should and was running this game very well, but uncapped fps.... stuttery laggy mess.

I have a 240hz monitor but this game only feels good at 144fps cap, stupidest thing to take away from people.

Just as dumb as not including a FOV slider in a shooter game, fortnite cough cough........

Message 20 of 33 (1,862 Views)