Re: FPS MAX launch option gone

by uJamBo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

FPS_MAX command

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Please, bring fps_max command back or some way to lock fps via the game. I have 85Hz monitor and I can't get smooth gameplay when my fps is uncapped - and as a result high input lag (fps_max 85 helped a lot), RTSS doesn't help if I cap fps with it - it feels like VSYNC is turned on, no smoothness in movement at all. You should be aware of situation like mine, if your have high framerate but frame time is not stable with this framerate (especially if your PC is not top tier) - the only way to stabilize frame time (lower frame time = lower input lag) is to lock FPS via engine and not 3rd party programs, so its a big mistake to remove this option.

Message 1 of 33 (23,212 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: VSync was always broken but now +fps_max broke too.

Community Manager

Hey all,

A patch is going live today for all platforms. Full patch notes can be found here.

The following config commands are now enabled:

• fps_max

• mat_letterbox_aspect_goal

• mat_letterbox_aspect_threshold

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 28 of 33 (24,887 Views)

All Replies

Re: FPS_MAX command

★★★★ Apprentice

Agreed, i stream, and with the poorly optimized settings of Apex currently, OBS gets anywhere between 20-60 FPS, which makes its choppy to viewers, capping FPS helps with CPU load and i usually have 50-60 in OBS

Message 2 of 33 (23,197 Views)

FPS MAX launch option gone

★★★★ Apprentice

so how do i cap FPS now that the launch option is broken?

Message 3 of 33 (23,166 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

go to origin click properties on apex legends (right click) go to launch options and paste this in i have it to unlimited but you can cap it this way
+fps_max unlimited

Message 4 of 33 (23,133 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Doesn’t work anymore...the reason this thread was started and exactly what OP said. 

Fps is pretty much uncapped to begin with. We’re trying to cap fps to keep cpu load low. Uncapped frames kills OBS when I try and stream APEX, I get laggy/choppy stream as OBS is pulling around 20fps while I stream apex. No other pc game does this to OBS. We need fps cap back, or just a better optimized game from Respawn

Message 5 of 33 (23,087 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here. I stream with OBS and now the stream doesn't work even though I lowered every setting to minimum today. Yesterday everything was fine but there has always been lag in the stream when I am flying etc.

There is no way for me to stream this game at the moment and that means I can't complete my battle pass. All other games work with obs except Apex Legends and now that I can't limit the fps to max 60 it is impossible to stream the game.

If this problem isn't resolved soon or I don't get my battle pass removed and refunded or get battle pass tier compensated I will never play the game again after this season. There are only two options, optimization or max fps cap or both.

Message 6 of 33 (23,064 Views)

★ Novice

Mostly replying for the purpose of making it known that there are more than a handful of people experiencing this issue.

PLEASE bring back locked FPS, outside of VSYNC. VSYNC causes input lag, causing aim to be inaccurate and unstable. I'm trying to grind this game out, but this is making it extremely difficult. I had to stop streaming today because of this issue.

Message 7 of 33 (23,019 Views)

Triple buffer issue

★★★ Newbie

Triple buffering broken after June 4th patch. Triple buffering now stuck at 60 fps (monitor refresh rate) even when game is set with advance option of +fps_max 80. Causes stuttering in game. 

Message 8 of 33 (22,872 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried everything but u just can't cap it, sad, since i can't run this game unlocked, need to be locked. would be super happy if someone founds a solution and shares it Standard smile

Message 9 of 33 (22,222 Views)

+fps_max does not work anymore after patch 1.2

★★★ Apprentice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 980
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? TR-drM00B
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. does not matter wherever you are
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. nothing
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 06.06.19
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? FPS limiter does not work as it's supposed to be.
What should be happening instead? FPS limiter should work properly.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to Game Properties for Apex Legends in Origin Game Library then switch to Advanced Launch Options at the top menu then add this text "+fps_max 67 +cl_showfps 2" to Command line arguments box and click to Save. After of these please start any match then you can see something went wrong at top left on your screen.

I am waiting an update for this problem. Frown

Thanks.

Message 10 of 33 (22,168 Views)