FPS Drops and Stuttering in Campaign

by annacd89

Original Post

Highlighted

FPS Drops and Stuttering in Campaign

★★★ Newbie

I've been experiencing horrible stuttering and sudden fps drops on PC since purchasing the game in November.

I experience this predominantly with the offline content. There seems to be general micro-stutter whilst playing and then sudden major drops in fps.

I get terrible stutters when starting a match of arcade, but then it seems to stabilize after around 15 seconds or so.

But during the campaign it's awful, sometimes dropping down to 2 > 3 fps. When I first start a mission it is particularly bad and also whenever I am exploring a new area.

If I get killed and respawn, it smoothens out for a while, but then usually starts happening again, especially when I enter a new area that presumably hasn't loaded yet.

I've tried all of the suggested fixes below, but still haven't been able to resolve this:

> Running the starwarsbattlefrontii.exe file as administrator via a desktop shortcut.
> Have turned off "Origin In Game Overlay"

> Have set "Maximum pre-rendered frames" to 1 and "Vertical Sync" to Adaptive in the Nvidia Control Panel.

> Have tried limiting fps to 60, 100, 120 & 144 via MSI Afterburner

IN GAME SETTINGS
> Have tried the following console command: 'RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 3'

> Have turned on V-Sync (This has helped with some of the general micro-stutter, but still getting major pauses and stutters every few seconds as I move around the environment)

> Am running the game in "borderless" mode.

> Don't have the option to turn off dynamic resolution or Direct X 12

> Have tried Alt-Tabbing in and out.

SYSTEM SPECS:
PROCESSOR: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz
INSTALLED RAM: 8.00 GB (7.87FB Usable)
SYSTEM TYPE: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
EDITION: Windows 8.1

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070

Is anybody else having this problem? Are there any other fixes I should try?

Message 1 of 2 (921 Views)

Re: FPS Drops and Stuttering in Campaign

★★★★★ Apprentice

I got the same problem as you ( even worse) and trust me i already put more than 60 + hours in to trying to find a fix but nothing work ( well i try turn off shader cache in nvidia control panel and launch the game and quit and turn shader cache back on then launch the game again and it work but have to do it everytime you want to play also now it not work anymore for me ). quick question, what is your hdd? 

Message 2 of 2 (862 Views)