Re: dear Dice please optimise ya dam game ! the fps is unplayable

by EA_Atic

Original Post

FPS Drop

★★★★ Novice

Hi there, 

I ran a consistent 80-90 FPS since the initial Beta, and up until last night. I randomly got maybe 45 to 50 FPS, regardless of map and number of players, and on maps that I previously had 90 FPS. I haven't made any graphics changes, and have had everything set to ultra (disabling one or two items like vignette or motion blurs). I updated the drivers a few days ago and everything was fine until last night specifically.

I have:

I7 7700k

Gtx 1080ti

16gb ram

Water cooled

Message 2 of 10 (887 Views)

dear Dice please optimise ya dam game ! the fps is unplayable

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

BFV runs like * , i have to drop to low settings to get around 60-70 fps but still get dips to around 30-45 fps (mouse feels like * at this fps), also get massive frame lock at the start of every match , im not the only one having this issue and i know its not my hardware (unless the game uses more then 4 core and or hyper thredding which its doesn't) , also using a cpu cache over gpu was a really really bad idea!! 

sys specs
i5 7600k clocked @ 4.7 ghz 
Gtx msi 1070 gaming x 
xpg m.2 ssd 
16 gig ram clocked at 3200mhz 

all settings set to low/off DX11 
FFA on 

Message 1 of 10 (878 Views)

Re: FPS Drop

★ Novice

I had the same drop. I was running 100-120 fps and not barely above 60. Same settings. I also am having crashing issues so I figured it was related. Possibly its not..

Message 3 of 10 (866 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Still no solution for you in the end?
Message 4 of 10 (857 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @MrStef4n1, when you are playing is any hardware going 100% or overheating? 

Also, make sure that all drivers for windows and your gpu drivers are up to date.

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Battlefield V and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Try running a CCleaner to remove old temp files and cache.

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 5 of 10 (841 Views)

★ Novice
cpu usage is around 90-100 % with gpu usage around 40-60 % ( i used afterburner to view this) i understand i have a slight bottleneck with my cpu/gpu but nothing that should be causing this kinda of fps drop, as far as temps go my cpu sits around 30-40 cels and gpu around 50-60 cels, i run ccleaner at least once a week so my cache doesnt fill and slow my system.

thank you for your response
Message 6 of 10 (810 Views)

★ Novice
i have never had any crashes or lockups just really bad fps
Message 7 of 10 (808 Views)

EA DICE Team

What windows version are you on? We seen reports trying to update to 809 have improved the FPS for other players.

A link here to download the latest windows version: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

/Atic

Message 8 of 10 (758 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Thanks Atic, I just randomly found this suggestion last night too! Unfortunately I get a black screen when my computer tries to reboot while updating. I've heard that's a separate issue with Windows that I have not yet solved.

One step forward two steps back Frown
Message 9 of 10 (752 Views)

★ Guide

Update both windows and nvidia drivers, in game set resolution scale to 100 and turn on dx12, restart game and you will definitely see fps boost.

Message 10 of 10 (750 Views)