Re: [INFO REQUEST] Hit Registration

by lnxtvv

Original Post

@EA_Blueberry I experience issues regularly. Especially after multiple games. It seems to get worse. Xbox, Australia
Message 11 of 24 (1,257 Views)

★★ Pro

https://youtu.be/RJFSh_I3d3Q

game be4 the video i shot a gibraltar as gibralter in the dome in octans ring and i got killed and it showed like 5 damage and i hit multiple people and gibralter with one full peacemaker shot.

then after seeing that i decided to start making videos and this is the first game i started notice the gibraltar ultimate fails and i dont know if all my shotgun shots registered.

i will increase the resolution past 360p if you think itll be better.

Message 12 of 24 (1,207 Views)

★★ Pro

i went fancy and make a video at 720p showing missed hit registration;

97 damage inflicted, message below when i won the fight

actual damage done = 154
damage not counted = 57

https://youtu.be/ZhV2uKS2IX0

Message 13 of 24 (1,197 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Today I've had hit registration issues galore, coupled with crashes.   Not just pathfinder, but with anyone I shot with the peacekeeper mainly and a few others.  I clipped 3 or 4 instances today.  Once I saw the bullets land around the guy and another time I hit someone point blank and or registered 10 damage.   Tonight I had a hemlock and devotion skipping hits.

I think some of the issue is it skipping damage from time to time or improper calculation,  not just hit box.  I'm still unsure if shield damage counts (not someone knocked) because sometimes it simply doesn't show up, yet the challenges seem to get the right data.  What's weird to me is it seems to either work or not for the whole session unless I start getting net errors, then it's s mixed bag. Also can change I'd I leave or join a party.  

I have 200 down and 30up wired and never have issue on any other game.   If I get a chance tomorrow I'll try to link those clips.  

Message 14 of 24 (1,190 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I've had issues were I could see the damage numbers something like hit-hit-hit, and atleast one number was 12. I died and at the final screen it said I had only done 9 damage... So I'm wondering if that's a hit registration issue... I get the damage done on my pc, but it does not count on the server..

Message 15 of 24 (1,182 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@EA_Blueberry It seems to have gotten better and when the servers have those moments of smoothness, I can down any legend just fine. I think the issue lies in the server not being able to fully send and receive the data fast enough. Sometimes I can go through a door and close it, and a few seconds later be shot through the door. Chances are that on my side it's closed, but the legacy wasn't the best and didn't show that for the killer
Message 16 of 24 (1,176 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

For developer i remember after your "BIG SHOP PATCH" the problem is not solve, hit not registered, code:net code:leaf, assignement not registered

Message 17 of 24 (1,162 Views)

★★ Guide

lol I dunno I stopped playing because this game is broken. Stil got the recordings of * deaths on my HDD. Maybe I will upload another video, maybe not. I can't be bothered to care anymore. Game has way too many small and large issues for me to care that just are not being addressed.

Message 18 of 24 (1,076 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Blueberry Happens all the time, and it doesn't matter which character I'm firing at, my bullets either go right through people or I'm getting blank rounds, seriously. Nothing more frustrating when someone is standing still 20 feet away and my crosshairs are dead on center mass with a wingman or longbow and it misses. Of course my automatic weapons do the same sometimes just not as frequently.
Message 19 of 24 (1,050 Views)

★★★ Novice

I feel like lifeline and Wraith have hit registration problems the most. And it always seems to happen in the middle of the spray(they havent moved and I havent moved aim) and I will always get 6 or 7 shots in the middle of soraya that never register. Happens pretty often.

Message 20 of 24 (997 Views)