FIX for VKB T-Rudders (first post removed by mods as 'spam')

by Elphaba

Original Post

Dot.: FIX for VKB T-Rudders (first post removed by mods as 'spam')

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@JediYaroshOh, and another tip. If - for whatever reason - SW:S gets your throttle as the first device, it will break your mouse. One of the switches or axes on the throttle is constantly 'giving input' to the menu system and it overrides the main 'input' when you move the mouse, so the throttle always has control.

The way to fix that is to hold down the right mouse button and then you take control away from the throttle and there in the bit in the last image of my post above, change the throttle so it's not 'Number 1'. then you can let go of the mouse and you have proper control back.

Again, like I said. BAD DEVS! I think the UI team were juniors or ex-web devs who've never even done a PC game before. Because it's truly an over-complicated mess.

It's a shame because when you're in the game, it's brilliant work. Some of the best space combat ever made and almost everything is perfect in flight - whether in the great campaign, the execution of the story, or in PVP / PVE'. They truly excelled at that and the programmers, designers and artists that did that deserve huge respect and appreciation. It's just the people responsible for the menu system really really let the game down. 

That and the decision not to add TrackIR or even get beta help from the flight-sim community. 

Message 11 of 14 (269 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you very much for the tips.

I couldn't agree more, especially with the last. If only they had someone in the team who actually knows how modern flight sims work. I fly DCS usually and they should take example from there on how the things should be done. Also setting up the controls could be improved: when I press the joystick button in the setup it should skip to the assigned function to show me what I already assigned. If it's not assigned, no skipping. It would make button assignment so much easier. But it seems like the testers and devs were not experienced enough in such things.

Message 12 of 14 (261 Views)

★★ Guide

Let me know how you get on yeah? 

And an upvote or XP would be appreciated if I've been of help. 

Message 13 of 14 (259 Views)

★★ Novice

I bought VR goggles and wanted to see if they changed anything with the last update to see if I could fly in VR.
I was so surprised that I quickly took a screenshot and came here to put it here. Before submitting I tested it though... So, it is a kind of improvement. The issue is that there are four slots to choose four devices.. but only out of the first four detected. So as you can see I have three MFDs and a throttle detected here while I also have a joystick and pedals which do not show here and I can't choose them. Maybe reconnecting them will solve the issue. Hopefully it will not break things in DCS or Elite Dangerous but still I am highly reluctant to dive under the table and fiddle with all the cables :[

SW_squadrons.png

Message 14 of 14 (202 Views)