Re: FIFA 23: DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed

by IAmCurryman

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello. While playing the game in career mode, I also get directx error and sometimes fps drops, please help. here is my dxdiag info

Message 51 of 62 (4,574 Views)

★★★ Newbie

here is my DXDiag file

Message 52 of 62 (4,532 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Já se passaram meses e ainda estou com o mesmo problema. Já passou da hora da EA corrigir o problema 

Message 53 of 62 (4,512 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@IAmCurryman directx function getdeviceremovedreason failed with dxgi_error_device_hung error has started popping up evcerytime i start fifa UT now and i dont know why its happening as my GPU can run the game perfectly thats the thing
Message 54 of 62 (4,330 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sorry for everyone who wanted an update on the situation for me.

So first off, my GPU does not meet the minimum requirements for FIFA 23 which was the reason for the drivers crashing. I have an R9 280x, and driver updates for it have stopped awhile ago.

With that said, i still managed to play a decent amount of FIFA with crashing occurring every timeduring the first bootup and sometimes game. I was still able to play the game though, and probably have about 300 hours logged into FIFA 23.

The 2 main things I did to reduce the frequency of crashes were to always run Origin and FIFA23 as administrator, and to play in Windowed mode; fullscreen leads to crashes regardless of the resolution you play at.

The crashes unfortunately are unavoidable, but since I'm using a 10 year old GPU I'm okay with that.

Message 55 of 62 (6,680 Views)

★★★ Newbie

that my dxdiag

Message 56 of 62 (4,226 Views)

★★★ Novice

Here is my file. Please help me

Message 57 of 62 (4,133 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same problem like million ppl around all internet. Same "GetDeviceRemovedReason".

I HAVE GTX 1070,  so I have minimum requirements. And there is ppl with same problem with lot better GPUs. 

EA Fix this. 

There is my DxDiag file. PLS HELP US! 

Message 58 of 62 (4,065 Views)

★★ Novice

i need help with the issue every time i play my game crashes its so annoying here is my dxdiag file

Message 59 of 62 (4,007 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Translated: Try updating the xbox controller drivers, with the Xbox Accessories app, apparently these old drivers cause conflicts with DirectX, to update it you must have the controller connected by cable, that worked for me, let me know if it works for you too, you can find the app in the Microsoft Store.
https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9NBLGGH30XJ3

I'm sorry my english is very basic

original language: Prueba actualizar los controladores del mando de xbox, con la app Accesorios de Xbox, aparentmente estos drivers viejos causan conflictos con DirectX, para actualizarlo debes tener el mando conectado por cable, eso me funciono a mi cuentame si a ti tambien te sirve, puedes encontrar la app en la Microsoft Store.
https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9NBLGGH30XJ3
photo_5102809417442765673_y.jpg

Message 60 of 62 (3,881 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

fifa-20-splash

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help