FIFA 22 turning off Xbox Series X

by A_Heroic_Guy

Original Post

FIFA 22 turning off Xbox Series X

★ Apprentice

My Xbox Series X keeps turning itself off in the middle of matches on FIFA 22 (Xbox Series X Enhanced). This is not happening in any other game and only occurs when in actual games, not on the menus. I have tried all of the suggested troubleshooting tips and even reset my Xbox. I have heard lots of other people having this problem. Please help.

Message 1 of 240 (11,475 Views)

Re: FIFA 22 turning off Xbox Series X

★★ Guide
Message 2 of 240 (11,461 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi, thank you for the reply, I’ve had a look at that thread and it seems to be more about the game just crashing to the dashboard, rather than the entire Xbox turning off. Mine isn’t limited to just squad battles either, it happens in rivals too.

Message 3 of 240 (11,438 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Mine does the same on the series s I haven't been able to play one game yet as all it does after like 1-2 minutes into a match it crashes and shuts my full xbox down

Message 4 of 240 (11,342 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same problem here, happenef 3 times in about 30 matchs. No fifa close but series x full shutdown. Never happened on any other fifa or others games.

Message 5 of 240 (11,274 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I’m having exactly the same problem, been in contact with both EA and Microsoft and been given no information on how to resolve it. Very frustrating considering I paid for the ultimate edition and can’t even have one full game of FIFA.

Message 6 of 240 (11,154 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Unfortunately it just seems like we’re gonna have to wait and hope they figure it out, if not we can’t play.

Message 7 of 240 (11,154 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same issues with my xbox shuting down during random games of fifa

Makes the game almost impossible to play at times

Message 8 of 240 (10,929 Views)

★★ Novice

Having exactly the same issue, definitely needs it's own thread, this is a full hardware shutdown.

Message 9 of 240 (10,660 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Exactly the same. Every 5 or so games it goes to a green screen for a split second and Xbox switches off.  Only happens in fifa 22. No other game.

this needs patching

Message 10 of 240 (10,627 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

fifa-20-splash

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help