FIFA 22 - Xbox Series S - Resolution issue

by joeh87

Original Post

Re: FIFA 22 - Xbox Series S - Resolution issue

★★★★ Apprentice

For those asking about refunds - use a web browser to log in to the Microsoft store > click your avatar in the top right and select Microsoft account > order history.

A link stating refund will be accessible with no questions asked until full release on the 27th. I've already refunded my copy but will happily rebuy if they fix the issue (sadly the mostly radio silence apart from "we can't replicate this issue" doesn't bode well).

Message 271 of 1,402 (848 Views)

★ Guide
Message 272 of 1,402 (838 Views)

★★★ Guide

as mentioned before the issues are obvious in the practice arena no way this is 1080p it might be even less than 720p

Message 273 of 1,402 (821 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@vatosambo This is WILD! How is this even a thing. I just tested fifa 22 on a 6 year old PC. And it runs practice arena at stable 60 fps 1080p, the menus are 100 fps. BUT ON A NEXT GEN CONSOLE WE HAVE TO DEAL WITH 30 fps in menus and 720p no anti-aliasing gameplay that looks fifa 2002. WILD! INSANE! AND noone from EA doesnt say a damn word to us. I knew that this company doesnt care about the customers, but this is a new level! All they care about is selling fifa points and promoting gambling via packs to children! Promoting stupid hypermotion, while that cannot even optimise the game for a NEW CONSOLE. AND they have the ODASITY to claim in the Microsot Store that this game is optimised for XBOX SERIES S! I am sorry but I am so pissed that i just wanna sell the console and refund the game! THIS is insane...
Message 274 of 1,402 (783 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Thx,  I just did the refund. This issue since next gen FIFA21 is just insane :/

Message 275 of 1,402 (774 Views)

★ Apprentice

Lmao the game isn't even out yet and it's already fubar,

I literally bought a series s for the "hypermotion technology" and what i get is cartoon motion technology 

😭

Message 276 of 1,402 (667 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The fact we've heard nothing except from "we can't replicate this issue" is laughable. 

What do they think, all of us are making this up for one big joke? Just for info, Xbox One version looks great on the Series S, the so called Series S "optimised" version looks worse than mobile graphics from 2010. 

Will also be cancelling my pre-order like many others here until we hear of proper acknowledgement or work on a fix.

@EA_Cade @EA_Roger @EA_Barry @EA_Aljo 

Message 277 of 1,402 (634 Views)

★★★ Guide

The funny thing is that EA said most FIFA players on PC doesn't have powerful enough specs to handle the next-gen and forced a lot of players to buy Series S just for FIFA when their PCs are more than capable of running it and here we are .

The other thing regarding this issue is that it was not the same issue in FIFA 21 it had graphical problems but the resolution was 1080p this looks way worse than FIFA 21

Message 278 of 1,402 (628 Views)

Re: Resolution on the Xbox series S is unacceptable on the new gen version

★★★★ Novice

I'm having same issue so went to live chat with them and I was told, after linking them this page, that they are aware of the issue and working to fix it in the next update. Don't think I believe them however given that others have said this was always an issue with next gen fifa21 and it never got fixed. 

Message 279 of 1,402 (571 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_Cade @EA_Aljo @EA_Roger 

Can we get at least any answer?

Message 280 of 1,402 (520 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

fifa-20-splash

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help