Re: FIFA 22 - Xbox Series S - Resolution issue

by Banksey97

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

I've emailed Eurogamer to see if they'll give this any media coverage and/or mention it in their review of Fifa 22. If this issue gains traction prior to release then maybe they'll be more inclined to look into it more seriously. Don't usually bother contacting media outlets but I'm just a football fan that wants to play something that doesn't make my eyes bleed!

Message 281 of 1,402 (1,743 Views)

★★★★ Novice

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/fans-furious-horrible-fifa-22-25066056

Hopefully getting some more attention to this issue.

Mirror have reached out to EA for comment

Message 282 of 1,402 (1,656 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Banksey97Maybe it's a case that EA believe FIFA cannot do native 1080p 60fps accross the board on the series S

If that's the case they should not be advertising it as S optimised as it clearly isn't.

Fact that this issue was there for FIFA 21 next gen with no fix sadly makes me think things will not change.

And we're stuck with this or play old gen or refund.

At the end of the day series S is only slightly better than the Xbox one X

But I was personally hoping for better performance on a game like FIFA.

And when next gen was advertised as 60fps menus and 1080p + kinds disappointed as series S can't be classed as next gen.

Message 283 of 1,402 (1,582 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Honestly FIFA 21 next gen was way better than 22.

Message 284 of 1,402 (1,562 Views)

★ Apprentice

Folks,

We need to pass the subject to all FIFA Youtubers and games in general, the community of other consoles need to be aware of more this neglect of EA.

I hope the 27th is corrected, otherwise I will keep the purchase and go to court here in Brazil against EA.

Message 285 of 1,402 (1,535 Views)

★★★ Guide

Series S only slightly better than Xbox one X? your having a laugh aren't you?. I suggest you compare the specs between them. The S is way way better than the One X. As for Fifa not doing 1080p 60fps on the series s it can easily i assure you that. Other X/S optimized games with way more graphical demands run that easily. And to wrap it off, the Series S/X 2021 version looks way better than 22 Series S/X

Message 286 of 1,402 (1,533 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@BritBoy7728I have and it's only SLIGHTLY better in terms of Raw GPU power, series S new features / better optimisation take it slightly ahead of X

but raw power GPU Wise One X is ahead of Series S

Xbox one X - 6 Teraflops
Xbox Series S - 4 Teraflops.

yes I know teraflops aint everything but its an indication.

and fully agree FIFA next gen should should have no issue.

Message 287 of 1,402 (1,499 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@joeh87I don't think the issue is the console hardware yes Series S is not as powerful as X and PS5 but the gap is most noticeable at higher resolutions or higher frame rates , at 1080p 60 fps it shouldn't be that different and that was already proved in many games that are much more demanding than FIFA . in FIFA it self the menus shouldn't be that hard to run at 60 fps a 10 years old PC can handle it

Message 288 of 1,402 (1,481 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

hopefully the look into it, its a joke how ea straight up ignores the issue and claiming they dont see the problem on their consoles, lol.

Message 289 of 1,402 (1,404 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@erulus90 No Mate. I am saying that XSS is capable to work with better resolution as we could see in many other next gen games.

EA need to fix this. Resolution is shame two years in a row.
Message 290 of 1,402 (1,390 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

fifa-20-splash

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help