Re: FIFA 22 - Xbox Series S - Resolution issue

by UKRSHEV

Original Post

Accepted Solution

FIFA 22 - Xbox Series S - Resolution issue

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Please EA Fix the resolution scaling, similar issue on next gen FIFA 21 on series S

i've tried

1080p

1440p 

doesn't matter, the scaling on Series S is horrendous, jaggered edges, looks like <720p scaled upto 1080p / 1440p not sure if its my monitor but its also very blurry when movement happens at speed its horrendous to play and hurts my eyes, I have no issues in other games on Series S or PC gaming even Xbox one version of FIFA 22 looks better (normally bad monitors have this with response time) but monitor isn't so bad and no issues during Other games as mentioned.

along with 30fps menus still compared to 60fps Menus on Series X is so dissapointing. 

specs i'm running

Series S

AOC 2460PF (I know its not the greatest but as I've mentioned not a single issue with response time in any game but fifa on xbox series S or PC)

Message 1 of 1,402 (40,751 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Shutting this thread down as per my previous message here

As mentioned in there, we will provided updates on this issue within this thread when there is anything new. We also update our Trello card when there is anything new on this. 

[Xbox Series S] Reduced visual fidelity impacting some players 

Any new threads on this will also be shut down also. To those who remained constructive and voiced their frustration without any personal attacks or rule breaks, I'm sorry we have to shut this down. 

Thanks,

Roger.  

Accepting this post to give it more visibility within the thread, we DO NOT consider this issue resolved and the investigation is still on-going. 

Roger.png

View in thread

Message 1402 of 1,402 (33,336 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice
@joeh87 I can confirm this. same issue since fifa 21. tried several monitors, same problem all along.
Message 2 of 1,402 (40,677 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@itsGriese Yeah it's pretty awful to play especially since coming from a gaming pc @ 1440p 144fps

I just couldn't bring myself to buy Series X but wish i did now as the Series S has been massive let down for FIFA which is the only game i'll play.

looks like i'll have to put up with PS2 graphics ....
Message 3 of 1,402 (40,656 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Terrible spent £65 for an unplayable game  !! It was the same as fifa 21 next gen Version and EA never updated that 

Message 4 of 1,402 (40,479 Views)

Resolution on the Xbox series S is unacceptable on the new gen version

★★★★ Apprentice

Not sure why it looks so awful, maybe upscaling from 720p for some reason? Anyway, it is unacceptable and someone needs to patch it. Looks worse than most old gen games that haven't been created for next gen Xbox.

Can anyone confirm this is being looked into? Was it even tested on a series s?

Message 5 of 1,402 (39,965 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same problem looks awful surely they have to fix this . I bought a new monitor and a series s for the new gen fifa  its disgusting, I  also have a pc running an old 1060  and it looks much better Frown

Message 6 of 1,402 (40,465 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Can we get a response on this EA?

Surely this can't be an issue with Series S ? as I've just tried 'old' gen version on Series S and it looks 100 times better in terms of anti aliasing etc but again lack all the new so called next gen features.

If i knew next gen would look pixeleted and motion blur i would of stayed Old gen on the PC where I can play at 1440p and 144fps. 

also 30fps menus is killing me Frown why does series X get 60fps but Series S 30fps? 

I know series S is slighty less powerful but jeez can't be difficult to render menus at 60fps.

Message 7 of 1,402 (40,456 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

This was the issue for a year already, they won't fix it.

Message 8 of 1,402 (40,444 Views)

Re: Resolution on the Xbox series S is unacceptable on the new gen version

★★ Apprentice

They won't patch it. Look into FIFA 21 threads about this. EA representatives were either saying that there is no problem or have no idea what it is. And absolutely nothing has been done about it.

Message 9 of 1,402 (39,958 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I thought it was next gen made for series s/x didn't expect this it looks crap. All the other games i play on the series s look really good i  don't understand how its just fifa what a let down Frown

Message 10 of 1,402 (40,430 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

fifa-20-splash

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help