FIFA 22 PS5 online unplayable due to stuttering/lag

by Danger-Poultney

Original Post

Re: FIFA 22 PS5 online unplayable due to stuttering/lag

★★★★ Novice

The cable from the Sky Q box into the PS5 worked for me. Make sure when you plug it in you set up a new Internet connection through wired in the settings. I also have Sky Internet so not sure if that makes a difference?

Message 21 of 38 (2,974 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Bro your a legend this helped me

Message 22 of 38 (2,865 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’ve had the same problem, I’ve plugged the Ethernet cable in from the sky box to the ps5 and it’s still the same, unplayable. All of my other games are fine and my internet connection is fine, it’s just FUT that’s not working. Really disappointed as the game cost me about £80. Anyone have any solutions? Thanks 😃

Message 23 of 38 (2,653 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Had this same issue for since buying the game, tried the RJ45 cable from Sky to the PS5 with no joy.  Hard wired the console via Ethernet cable to the router and it works perfectly.  Wifi works fine on any other game and i get about 120mbps to the console via both methods.  Not good enough EA

Message 24 of 38 (2,626 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Ethernet cable to sky q box worked a dream!

Message 25 of 38 (2,516 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Does this work plugging it into the mini sky q boxes too?? 

Message 26 of 38 (2,311 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same problem for me. 2021 had the same problem at first but when 22 was released no more problems for 21 it runs smoothly.i was able to win division 1 5 times after 22 was released coz 21 lag issues fixed.i think thats because ea doesnt care about gamers they have limited servers and as soon as people switched to 22 the lag issues with 21 fixed becauze now there are max of 1000 players online in 21. EA is a JOKE. not gonna buy anything from ea anymore!

Message 27 of 38 (2,182 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Ethernet cable to Sky Q box solved my issue as well Party hat

Message 28 of 38 (2,132 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I really didn't expect this to work, but so far, so good! Thanks!

Message 29 of 38 (1,893 Views)

★★★ Novice

90% of the time the lag and slow response in the game is not related to your internet connection. As so many of you have already proven that i also have a great internet connection. I played some games on my new account i had 127 wins only 15 losses and now every game i play the speeds i horrible. Players are slow, unresponsive, cant do skills, cant sprint. Now i have lost 30 games because of this. Definitely some sort of glitch or a bug in the game. The way its designed is horrible. How can someone losing only one two games in division one suddenly start losing five six games? All bcas of the lag. If it was due to my connection i would have the same issue since my first game. 

what i also noticed is sometimes the game lags after half time. Weird

Message 30 of 38 (1,764 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

fifa-20-splash

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help