Re: FIFA 22 PS5 online unplayable due to stuttering/lag

by joekerr10

Original Post

Accepted Solution

FIFA 22 PS5 online unplayable due to stuttering/lag

★★★★ Novice

Playing Fifa 22 on PS5, no problems at all offline, everything runs smoothly. When I go into any online mode including Volta, FUT and seasons it shows green ping when entering the online match, loads up fine then as soon as kick off happens, there is a massive lag every few seconds where it freezes for a couple of seconds then speeds up and everything moves 100mph and catches up. Makes any online mode completely unplayable! Can't play FUT at all as no point when I can't do anything in a game. I have checked all Internet connections and download speeds are fine. I have reinstalled the game and reset my router etc. Is this something that needs to be fixed with a patch or something? Very frustrating as can only play career mode! 

Message 1 of 38 (35,541 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

Found the solution! I can't have an Ethernet cable direct from my router as its not close enough but I plugged the ethernet cable straight from my PS5 into my Sky Q box and it acts as a booster. Problem solved! No more glitching! Anyone else that has the same problem as me then do this!

View in thread

Message 7 of 38 (35,235 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I do too. I also get a red bar graph appear at the top of the screen, in the middle. I think this is showing the connection is poor. My gameplay stops then speeds up exactly as you have described. Is your console connected via wifi or cable? I’m on wifi, download speeds 60+mps and upload around 15mps. I was going to get an Ethernet cable today to see if that helps but wasn’t sure if it was a network issue or a server/game issue (as play online on other games and haven’t had this before).

Message 2 of 38 (35,519 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If it helps, I’ve just bought and plugged in a Ethernet cable - solved the whole issue. If you’re using wifi it might be worth giving that a go.  Unless there’s been an update since midnight last night and this morning it seems like it’s all sorted with that. Good luck 

Message 3 of 38 (35,467 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My router isn't near my TV so unable to plug in with a cable without everyone tripping over it. Never had this problem before so hopefully they fix it. Cheers for the advice though mate

Message 4 of 38 (35,452 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same thing.

Menus are fine and playing offline in squad battles is no issue.

But online is unplayable every game I have played I have some kind of lag or stutter.

Really disappointing hope there can be a fix to this.

Thanks.

Message 5 of 38 (35,411 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

im getting the issue offline aswell im gunna ask for a refund its unplayable

Message 6 of 38 (35,387 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Found the solution! I can't have an Ethernet cable direct from my router as its not close enough but I plugged the ethernet cable straight from my PS5 into my Sky Q box and it acts as a booster. Problem solved! No more glitching! Anyone else that has the same problem as me then do this!

Message 7 of 38 (35,236 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Danger-Poultney I’ve been having the same issues as you described, I purchased a decent Ethernet cable, plugged directly into my router and it makes no difference, I still get the lag. Not sure what else I can do Frown
Message 8 of 38 (35,081 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Have you gone into Internet settings and set up network connection as LAN? Apart from that, not sure what else to do other than check speed of Internet?

Message 9 of 38 (35,066 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having this issue as well. Makes the game useless. How have EA not fixed this it's been going on since it was released

Message 10 of 38 (34,670 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

fifa-20-splash

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help