Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

FIFA 21 NOT LAUNCHING FOR PC

by Raaj_322

Original Post

FIFA 21 NOT LAUNCHING FOR PC

★★★★★ Apprentice

I was playing FIFA 21 since last Friday when ut came out and was playing freely until last night.

Today morning I wanted to reinstall origin and FIFA 21 coz of some reason.

Apparently when I reinstalled origin and FIFA 21, the FIFA 21 Launcher opens, but when I click on Play the game just doesn't launch. 

Message 1 of 85 (36,150 Views)

Re: FIFA 21 NOT LAUNCHING FOR PC

Community Manager
Hi @Raaj_322,

Gotcha, have you tried repairing the game by right clicking it in the Origin library and selecting the Repair option?
Aljo.png
Message 2 of 85 (36,125 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I repaired the game like 5 times and also followed the steps given by your advisors.

The steps being CLEAN BOOT and FILE MIGRATION... None worked

Now I am reinstalling FIFA again

Will get back to you once I see what happens once it is installed

Message 3 of 85 (36,125 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @Raaj_322,

Sorry to hear it, can you try these steps please and let me know if they help if the reinstall doesn't work? http://bit.ly/Origin_Cache_Clear
Aljo.png
Message 4 of 85 (36,108 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hey, so after I reinstalled origin and FIFA 21 , the game launches and I am able to play.

But, there is 1 issue that I have been facing since the launch of FIFA 21.

It happens only and only in FUT RIVALS/ONLINE FRIENDLIES where I cannot control the players at all throughout the game. They run outside the pitch in the direction of my last input and I cannot switch players or anything at all.

I play Online seasons with club/country without any issues and also FUT Squad Battles works absolutely fine.

But when it comes to FUT RIVALS/ONLINE FRIENDLIES, I just cannot play because of the issue mentioned above.

Any solution?

PS. Just last Tuesday i.e. 28th September 2020 I was playing Fut rivals and online drafts on Fifa 20 smooth as I played throughout the year.

Message 5 of 85 (36,090 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @Raaj_322,

Hmm, can you try this please and let me know if it recurs?

Disable cloud saves in Origin, Application settings, Installations and Saved Game States. Turn them off. Then change the name of the FIFA 21 folder to e.g. FIFA 21 copy, this directory is located in% USERPROFILE% \ Documents or% USERPROFILE% \ My documents, then restart the game.

Warning! Single player game saves may be lost (Career mode). The backup copy of locally saved games will be in the "FIFA 21 Backup" folder.
Aljo.png
Message 6 of 85 (36,085 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Did the steps told by you and the problem still persists. Still I cannot play ONLY RIVALS/ONLINE FRIENDLIES. Can you please provide a basic solution as this seems like a joke that just 1 week from today I was playing FUT in FIFA 20 without any issue and idk what happened over a week that your new game is this bugged. Please please give a concrete solution.

P.S. I AM ABLE TO PLAY ONLINE SEASONS AND SQUAD BATTLES WITHOUT EVEN A SINGLT TICKLE WHILE FUT RIVALS AND ONLINE FRIENDLIES ARE UNPLAYABLE.

Message 7 of 85 (36,065 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same problem here.

Re-installing at this moment, reading it doesn't work :/

After 5 years coming back to FIFA 21, already a failure. 

Paying enough money for this game and from the start already having issues. 

Pls give us a solution.

Message 8 of 85 (35,994 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @Raaj_322,

Can you grab a DXDiag for us please so we can take a look? http://bit.ly/GatherSystemInfo
Aljo.png
Message 9 of 85 (35,901 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi I'm seeing the same issue on PC.

I signed up for the EA Play Trial on Steam and after playing 10 hours decided to pre-order the Standard Edition on Steam.

Now after the game has unlocked whenever I try to launch the game (through Steam or Origin) and click the Play button on the launcher nothing happens.

I went on the Live chat and they suggested to repair the installation through origin and to also clear the Origin cache.

I have tried both yet no luck. Also tried reinstalling the entire game and again no luck.

Message 10 of 85 (35,870 Views)
Twitter Stream

ea-dualentitle-promo-splash

Upgrade to a next gen console

Have a physical game disc for FIFA 21 but bought a discless console? Use our webform.

View more on EA Help

fifa21-promo2

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help