Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

FIFA 20 crash to desktop

by Illuminatum325

Original Post

FIFA 20 crash to desktop

★★ Novice

Hello,

my FIFA20 on PC keeps crashing and I can't find the reason for it. I start FIFA 20 without errors and then while beeing in the menu, the game just crashes to desktop without an error or log entry in the eventviewer. I tried every fix I found, deactivated my Windows Defender, installed the latest drivers and updates, changing the directx-entry in fifasetup.ini, sfc shows no error. I recently installed a clean Windows 10, today I installed the latest Origin and downloaded all the FIFA 20 files again, game crashes.

My specs are as follows:

Windows 10 Pro 1909, latest Updates

Ryzen 9 3900X

32 GB Kingston RAM (using the high clock profile)

Gigabyte 5700 XT, latest Version 20.4.2 (overclocked by the vendor)

Gigabyte Aorus Pro x570, latest 12e BIOS

I also tried the clean boot thing where I disabled every non-windows services, exepct for the Origin services, closed every other programm, I even closed the FIFA Launcher window, same problem occurs after about 5 minutes. Changing the refresh rate in the game settings is no use as well. Clearing the cash didn't help either.

Please, is there anything else I can do? I just want to play some single player career Frown

Thank you

- Max

Message 1 of 8 (494 Views)

Re: FIFA 20 crash to desktop

★ Novice

I'm having the same problem. Can't play more than 2 or 3 career mode games. The game will just close mid game for apparently no reason. No error code, app just quits as if I pressed ALT + F4 or something.

Message 2 of 8 (446 Views)

★★ Novice
@Dustey101 What graphics card do you use?
Message 3 of 8 (428 Views)

★ Novice
@Illuminatum325 I have a 2080ti and R9 3950x
Message 4 of 8 (419 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

same here i also had this problem with call of duty but fixed it by messing with the firewall but it doesn't work for fifa. at first fifa only crashed with career mod launcher but now it also shutdown when i launch it via origin.

Message 5 of 8 (393 Views)

★★ Novice

So is there any hope for me to play the game or what am I supposed to do now?

Help please?

Message 6 of 8 (353 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did u solved the problem??...I heard reinstalling might help... I've same problem too

Message 7 of 8 (291 Views)

★★ Novice
@INTEKKZ No, the problem still is not fixed. I'm currently playing FIFA19, f*ck FIFA20 and every following FIFA
Message 8 of 8 (257 Views)
Twitter Stream