Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

FIFA 20 connecting to EA servers freezes

by cuero_terco

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

FIFA 20 connecting to EA servers freezes

★ Novice

I downloaded the fut 20 companion and set up verification, the app works fine, but when I went back to play on ps4 I cant get past connecting to the ea servers screen after it says recording has stopped fifa seems to freeze, I cant cancel using x button but I can use ps button to go back to ps menu 

Message 1 of 7 (790 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: FIFA 20 connecting to EA servers freezes

Community Manager
Hi @cuero_terco,

Can you try connecting via a hotspot by chance? It sounds like something is blocking you where the EA TOS would normally pop up, connecting via a hot spot or a different ISP has resolved this in the past.
-EA Cade

Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (752 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Community Manager
Hi @cuero_terco,

Can you try connecting via a hotspot by chance? It sounds like something is blocking you where the EA TOS would normally pop up, connecting via a hot spot or a different ISP has resolved this in the past.
-EA Cade

Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 7 (753 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

It did work out, but does this means I will ALWAYS have to play with my mobile’s hotspot? That is not a long term solution! Is there anything I can do to my router/PS4? Thank you!!!! 

Message 3 of 7 (727 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager
Hi @cuero_terco,

Can you try connecting again via the normal method? You should be good to go now.
-EA Cade

Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 7 (720 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Y had a signal booster and when I was connected to that network I had the problem. Now I have connected to the original network and it seems fine 🤗🤗🤗 thank you very much for your help!!!

Message 5 of 7 (711 Views)
Highlighted

I had the same problem. Its actually a port forwarding issue. You need to open ports for fifa20 on ps4. You need to have  a direct connection to your modem ... lan or wifi - dont connect thru routers. Once u r connected directly to your modem use this link https://portforward.com/fifa-20/

Message 6 of 7 (450 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I can't connect to ea servers in fifa 20 as screen freezes while connecting, I have tried all the fixes, please help...

kuala lumpur, malaysia

Message 7 of 7 (160 Views)
Twitter Stream