by GConroy02

Original Post

FIFA 20 Screen Flickering

★ Novice

Hi there, a couple days ago I bought FIFA 20 for my laptop. Here are the specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3550H 

GPU: GTX 1650

RAM: 8GB

Ever since I've been playing the game, I've had nothing but issues with it. First the game was stuttering like hell but I managed to fix that by tweaking some options in the Nvidia control panel. But now everytime I play the game, I'll only be able to play around one match and then the whole screen will begin flickering really quickly, getting more noticeable by the minute. The issue is extremely irritating as not only it makes the game difficult on the eyes but once I leave the game, my whole screen is flickering until I restart the laptop! I've tried a few methods to this such as turning on v-sync, changing from DX12 to DX11, etc. Unfortunately none of them have worked. If anyone has any advice on what else I can try I'd be more than grateful! Thanks!  

Message 1 of 7 (1,606 Views)

Re: FIFA 20 Screen Flickering

★ Novice
@GConroy02 Help Please!!
Message 2 of 7 (1,554 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi there,

I had the same problem, I turned off ''freesync'' on my monitor. And now Fifa runs just fine.

Message 3 of 7 (1,541 Views)

★ Novice
@MCshow-ossel Thank you, any chance you could tell me how I do that?
Message 4 of 7 (1,524 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@GConroy02 on my laptop there is program installed called ''amd radeon settings lite''. You might have a different program.
In the monitor, tab could turn off freesync. Otherwise, try googling ''turning off freesync'' different systems requiere different programs etc.

Hope this helps!
Message 5 of 7 (1,499 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@GConroy02 I had this problem on PS4 as well. I paused the game to make a change but it started flickering and moving the selection highlight on its own. I thought it was a problem with my controller so I went to the home screen to see if it still moves but no. It was a problem with the game. The servers and gameplay is broken so it’s not your fault. It’s EA who needs to fix this.
Message 6 of 7 (1,481 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just bought the game and have the same issue. After I uninstalled it it is fine again. This post was created in July, now it is September and the same issue. Is there anyone working on that issue?

Message 7 of 7 (1,193 Views)
Twitter Stream