Re: FIFA 20 PC - controller buttons are messed up

by Bachmann360

Original Post

FIFA 20 PC - controller buttons are messed up

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

one day I started to play FIFA20 on PC and all my controller buttons are messed up. For example, A button is on right Dpad, etc. and also when I wanna try change settings in-game, it's all moving by itself and I do nothing I tried to reinstall the game, clear cache, tried to repair in Origin - none of that did work.

Had someone the same problem? And how did you solve it?

Message 1 of 25 (8,542 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @imhoufis,

Can you try deleting the file called settings out of the FIFA 20 folder inside the My Documents folder please and let me know if that helps?
EACade
Message 2 of 25 (8,499 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, I tried :/ I uninstall and install again FIFA20, delete all files, uninstall ORIGIN and still have the same problem. I tried another game if the gamepad works there and it works fine. I do not want to reinstall the whole computer.

Message 3 of 25 (8,493 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
@imhoufis What Controller are you using?
Message 4 of 25 (8,475 Views)

★★★ Newbie

defender omega. Its works months really well but one day it happened this

Message 5 of 25 (8,447 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@imhoufis If you find a solution pls let me know. Have the same issue with xbox one Controller since 2 days
Message 6 of 25 (8,435 Views)

★★★ Newbie

can you let me know if you figure it out please i have the same problem it works for other games and not fifa i just want to play

Message 7 of 25 (8,332 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@imhoufis >> I have the same problem. My gampad controllers are fake chinese. In PES game, you can go to setting file & assign the buttons manually. But in fifa, there not such a thing. You can fix them inside the game. ▶▶ When selecting controls sides; hit "customize" and replace the keys (buttons) with what you want.
Message 8 of 25 (8,282 Views)

★★ Novice

Yep same, my controller is messed up aswell

Message 9 of 25 (8,269 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah,This problem occured in earlier version of FIFA's too.Reinstalling the windows solved my problem but it's not a permanent solution.I can't belive a chineese gamepad messed up my input again.

Message 10 of 25 (7,902 Views)